10k Special: My Time with You

[The events of this chapter take place during the long month time skip]

Hadeki's POV

"Enjoying yourself so far?" I say teasingly as the woman besides me blissfully downed a glass of this 'dango milk'.

It was a new concocted drink found at one of the vendors decorating the streets of the local area.

What was an area full of the usual commute of people and noise just a few minutes ago was now similar to that of an assembly line as people stepped aside and shivered in place as Ei and I walked down the path.

My words before made her blush and stop chugging her drink, lowering it within the grasp of both her hands.

"We came here to give you a tour of the places you rule but I guess we can take a few detours to fit your interest.

"No, no we cannot delay. I should do my best to see this world in proper light if I am to-"

"Things will fall into place with time. This isn't a professional survey, it is a simple stroll for you to witness and possibly enjoy."

As we went through most of the crowded areas and reached more tame residents, Ei stopped near the stairwell just ahead of the adventures guild and looked down at what was left the city.

"Then..." She whispered. "Is this what you would call...- A date?"

What she said had caught me off guard for a multitude of reasons but Ei quickly elaborated the most prominent one.

"When we came across Yae Publishing House, I read through some of the light novels, they were similar to the ones Miko always left for me...Most mentioned a common theme in...Romance."

Her face was showing a mere tint of red on her cheeks as she kept glancing at me, hoping that I don't notice.

"In some context, whenever a man invites a woman to an outing, it would be considered a 'date'. It was already implied to me an act of romantic feelings but since you are already my lover-"

I scoop her hand from the rim of the stairs and squeeze it gently.

"Would you like for it to be a date?"

Her eyes widen at my advance, she had already been facing me fully but once her cheeks exploded with the color matching the occasional Sakura petal that drifted in the sky, she looked away.

Soon, I felt her reciprocate my squeeze as her hand held mine more tightly.

"I would...not be opposed to offer." She mumbles.

My face felt the strain of my constant smiling for once as I pry away from the ledge and give her hand a light tug.

"Then shall we?"

With a deep breath, she looked at me an nodded with a smile.

We descended the stairs but unfortunately had to let go of each other whenever near the wandering eyes of the civilians. The emptiness in my hand played deeper into my chest than I expected but for the sake of respecting her boundaries I will endure it. If she wishes not to share our bond with the world then I will not either.

We came across a few restaurants and picked the most promising one.

"Oh! Customers, welcome to--" the vendor gasps and drops her menu cards.

"L-Lady Raiden Shogun!!?? Ahhh! Please forgive me for addressing you so poorly, I wasn't looking!"

"Calm yourself. I am not here for any business or seeking disturbance. I..." Ei began pondering what excuse we should use this time considering our plans have now changed.