17 | The Silent Gods

[And just like that, y'all managed to make this the most popular book on my profile, exceeding my other top book by 3k views. That is insane. However I guess I'll take this time, now that I have your attention, to tell you guys something; Once I complete this book I'll be starting another that'll be based off of Hololive! Specifically Holo-Myth/Council. If that's not something you're into or looking for then don't worry! There's a few other single chapter books unpublished that I could release for you guys, regarding Genshin.]

°

°

°

The day of Lantern Rite was upon them. The children were out showing off their kites and the streets were lit with yellow and orange blazing lights.

There was a festive warmth among the winds as the people of Liyue Harbor stepped out into the city. The night sky was no match for the bright excitement and decorations displayed.

In the midst of it all, a lone figure of sophistication and beauty walked the streets. Her attire was primed and fixed of any damages or creases that may have appeared after her travels.

Her long raven hair swung like a pendulum as she moved with the occasional kite and lanterns, the sparkles of the night sky followed in the ocean of her eyes.

Despite the wonderful festivities and the expression of joy all around, she was not reciprocating the same feelings.

After all, in this bustling time of awaiting a new year where people would share such a moment with their loved ones in a joyous bond together, she was walking alone.

She was holding onto the promise that her man made to him and hoped he'd return in time, but the hour of this meeting was at hand and she couldn't keep the host waiting.

"Welcome, Miss Ei." A lady bowed as the doors behind her opened "Mr. Zhongli will be meeting you in our private booth."

Ei nodded and walked in swiftly, in her hands was a small red box that was held by a white string, hooked in her fingers.

She gingerly guided herself towards the familiar aura she felt once before and came across the room.

Escorted inside by a waitress, Ei thanked her and watched the doors seal shut behind her, there was no turning back from now on.

"Ah, welcome, Miss Ei." His gentle voice called.

"I would like to thank you for having me over, but I must apologize for Hadeki's abse-"

Her jaw was left dropped and her amethyst eyes widened.

"And so the swift winds bring us the guest of the hour

"And so the swift winds bring us the guest of the hour. You grace us with your presence, Beelzebul~"

 You grace us with your presence, Beelzebul~"