2 | A Call of Fate

°

°

°

°

"Cloud Retainer! Please, this is a misunderstanding, wait!" Ganyu stood from the stone table she was sat at in the center of the large plains while the bird flew towards me.

Once it had landed before me, the feathers coating it began to glow as if resonating it's powers to intimidate me.

"Speak your business or leave this domain at once."

I sigh.

"Forgive my crude intrusion great one, I was tasked to seek out miss Ganyu since she has been away from work from quite some time and the Qixing's concerns were eminent. Had I known I would be intruding on your abode, I would have brought offerings at the very least."

I watch as the large mystical being before me froze and looked down at me for the longest time. She seemed to be confused about something until she suddenly spoke again.

"Hmph! At least there's one of you mortals who has the proper respect in speech. But Ganyu..." She turned to face the blue haired woman.

"Had you not relayed to One that you were given a leave to come visit on your own volition?"

I raised an eyebrow and leaned to the left to look at Ganyu myself from behind Cloud Retainer.

"I....Uh.." Her head dipped in defeat. "I'm sorry Master...I lied. I just wanted to come here and...escape for a while."

"Had the workload finally brought you to your limit?" I ask as I approach Ganyu from the side while Cloud Retainer didn't do much to stop my advance.

"I would not like to admit such a thing but at the same time... it's pointless to deny it." She sits back down and turns to me. "B-But why are you here? And for one...how did you get here so quickly-?"

"Would One care to be enlightened on who this mortal is? You seem to be quite acquainted with him, Ganyu."

"A-aha right. Master, this is 'Cog', he's a volunteer worker at Liyue harbor and well...yes, he is a friend of mine."

Cloud Retainer looked at me and huffed out a light laugh.

"Of all the obscure names One has heard of the humans, this one's stands above all as the strangest."

"Well...it is quite the name but-" Ganyu stops to look at me and from there, I continue on.

"It is because I refuse to share my true origins and at the same time " I pull my left sleeve up. "This contraption is what gave me such a title in the end."

"An artificial appendage?" Cloud Retainer sounded more fascinated rather than irritated by the sight of my arm. "Is this what you mortals have come to already? One had not expected such mechanical advancement until another millennia."

She closed in and examined the wood and metal attachments.

"Could this be the means of your heightened body movements to which you used to climb the mountain?"

"I am curious about this myself." Ganyu chimed in on the conversation while I remain static and stare at my hand. "I mean not to offend but with how I always met you, you didn't seem the most...well rounded while working."

"No, no that was my own means of acting. It still feels a bit exhausting, I haven't exerted my body as such in a long time."

"Your physique surpasses that of most ancient warriors. One had sensed your presence upon these lands the moment you left Qingce Village, but one could not have predicted such elegance in movement."