3 | Path to Destiny

[Within 5 days of this book's release, it managed to gain 100+ views. Y'all are nuts and I'm super thankful for it!

Anyways I want to throw this out there that with every new chapter release, I'll update the character profile with new voice lines so if extra lore tickles your fancy you can always check there every now and then to see what else has showed up!]

Day of Departure...

"What was I expecting?" I say staring at one small bag with all my belongings inside.

It was everything, all in one sack. The thought was rather hilarious. While I was staring into the bag, I felt a nudge on my shoulder to see Captain Beidou smiling at me while walking up the ramp.

"We leave in 30 minutes."

"Aye."

Beidou laughed as she climbed the ramp and turned to me when she reached the deck.

"Never say that again, it sounds so weird coming from such a sophisticated tone."

"I thought I'd need to blend myself into the customs to better fit and conceal myself when we leave."

"Hahahaha! No need to try so hard buddy, you're a stowaway. You're not supposed to be there, there's no need for you to try and convince anyone." She said loudly.

"How reassuring..."

"But we'll worry about your illegal actions later, you have alot of talking to do!" She waves off to me and moves out of sight while I wonder what she meant-

"Hey!"

"AH-! Ugghh... please stop doing that!"

I growl at Hu Tao who appeared behind me from seemingly out of nowhere. But when I turned to scold her for her childish actions, I'm met with an unexpected sight.

A new crowd stood at the dock side, but this wasn't a wave of faces unknown. Who stood before me were all those who've I've spent 10 years of my life with in this nation. The people of Liyue as an emodiment, my friends.

"Now I believe we can formally say our goodbyes." Ganyu smiled as she approached me with a neatly wrapped box in her hand.

"Formally?" I chuckle and pull her close. Wrapping my arms around her which got a yelp out of her. "Formalities are for pure co workers."

She laughs and returns the hug, nudging the wrapped box at my back before letting go.

She hands it to me eventually.

"Something that Cloud Retainer wanted me to give you. Don't open it now though."

"Thank you, Ganyu."

"Heyyy! How come she gets a hug and when you see me you were ready to yell at me?!" Hu Tao whined but I responded with hitting her hat down causing it to cover her eyes.

"As if I'd let pranksters near me with ease. Your persistent attempts to build a coffin for me keeps me weary~"

"Oh come on, I only do it all that because I know your unshaken spirit will never fall until your time is right. You talk about your prime but you've yet to experience the full extent of what your life has yet to offer, call it a push to throw away that unhealthy mindset of yours." She said proudly.

"Your methods of motivation are questionable." I say half heartedly but soon find myself reflecting her smile until she spoke again.

"Hope to see you again, 'Cog.'"