5 | Fight for Watatsumi

[Sorry for the slow updates from now on, I'm currently moving alot because of summer vacations so having the time to write is actually proving to be a puzzle where I stand. Who knew that having free time meant you struggle to do certain things!"

....

.........

...............

Hadeki's POV

"What were you even doing on Narukami, if I may ask General?" I ask a lingering question I've had since we set sail.

"One of our informants had come here undercover for some time, it had been a few weeks since he went off...but then went completely silent on the first week. Not wanting to risk any other of ours being lost in trying to find him, the priestess sent her most trusted to assess the situation." He explained.

We were slowly heading into a giant wall of nothing but cloud and fog, it didn't appear to be another storm but the rain still poured down heavy.

"The Priestess....of Sangonomia?"

"The very same. Her Excellency is the leader of this entire resistance operation ever since the Vision Hunt Decree had sparked. Have you not heard of her?"

"Oh no, I have... it's just.."

Even with my life spent here, I had never interacted with the leader of the Sangonomia Clan once, I was aware that she was appointed the position of being the High Priestess at a very young age, but to imagine her leading a decade long civil war against the Shogun on her own?

It's rather bizarre to imagine.

"What about you?" He suddenly brought up the question. "Why would an outlander risk becoming a fugitive just to get into Inazuma and worsen his case by joining a fight against it's own government?"

I never really enjoyed lying for the sake of my own benefits, but it's situations like this where I cannot risk being found out, I don't know what I'm getting into yet. If not a lie, then a simply edited truth.

"I may have come from outside but Inazuma once was my home, I was just merely fortunate enough to have left before the Decree closed off the entire nation...and now I returned to release it from the very people that were once sworn to protect it. It may be extremely dangerous to speak in such manner but I have long since left my beliefs in the Electro Archon, I only fight for myself and what I care for."

My explanation was not only satisfactory but uplifting to Gorou in a strange way as I saw his ears flap after a firm nod. It seemed as though my statement gave the two men before me an inspiring push that lifted their gloomy spirits for the day.

As the fog around us grew thicker, so did the prominent smell and sounds of rain. By what Gorou said, this entire area acted as a barrier and concealer for the island itself, which meant we were nearing our destination.

But it wasn't the rain that kept booming as we closed in.

Gorou slowly rose to his feet as his ears flapped at a sound not neither me or his companion could hear. His eyes slowly drained into that of despair as we reached a shore.

"General? What's happening?"

When we finally hit land, the extra sounds became all too clear. Under the dark sky, the island of Watatsumi was before me...but not in it's old glory. It was tarnished by the loud sounds of shouting and weapons clanging together with the scenery displaying two large towers of smoke flying over the center.