7 | Illusions of the Past

°

°

°

°

°

No One's POV

"Ugh, just how deeper does this place go?" Sara groaned as both of them tire from solving a few puzzles here and there to try and leave a room.

"The Fatui are always proud in the sum they bank and aren't afraid to show it. I wouldn't be surprised if they had more than just delusions in here..."

Through out their assault on the factory, Sara has kept a close and personal eye on her unwilling companion for some time now.

She hasn't moved on from the humiliating defeat she faced against him. Deep down, she plans to have a sort of rematch in hopes that it my save her honor but for now, even she couldn't deny that it would be beneficial if two strong forces end this criminal activity swiftly.

But it infuriated her....

It made her blood boil and her heart pound with rage as she watched him fight.

His swift movements, his arial attacks send momentum....the act of combat that he made seem like it were a dance.

Sara could barely avoid attacks and would get hit occasionally but him. This robed vigilante was destroying everyone in his path without a single step back to breath...but in the end, it wasn't his power that enraged her...

It was the way he moved.

His water like movements, it gushed memories in her mind that would falter her actions. She'd end up staring at him while he fought and be distracted. Distracted by how familiar his style was...she took this as spite, as if fate was making a fool out of her. She was only reminded of the constant defeats and harsh trainings...

The thoughts lingered and lingered, screamed at her face just by his presence alone.

Until she could bear it no longer.

"This is the last room...once we clear this out we can burn it to the grou- HNGH!"

He was kicked from the back, sending him sliding forward but he quickly regained his stance and turned back to see his attacker.

"What is the meaning of this Sara?!" He yelled. But Kujou hid her face by looking down and walking forward.

Her bow materializing in her hand.

"We had a deal. Still your weapon for later! Now's not the time for-"

"You are a disgrace!!"

Her crumbling scream made him stop is voice of reasoning. Taken a back by what he's looking at. There was obvious anger in her eyes, but it was showcased through pain and frustration, as if her eyes were trying to find the answers for herself.

"Your technique...your movements, there is no mistake, it was his."

He gulped through his masked, Sara couldn't notice the nervousness in his expression but she relented and continued on.

"Somehow...you've perfected his techniques...right down to the heel. You move without flaw just like him."

Suddenly she raised her charged bow with gritted teeth.

"But you disgrace his legacy by not using a sword! You're not worthy of the power you have!! How do you know his combat style!! Did he teach you privately?!" She was now properly screaming as electro grew brighter and brighter at the arrow tip to the point it was almost blinding.