15 | Golden Glory

[Some seem to be confused about the timeline and character presence in this story and I guess I didn't make it clear enough in the story description so I'll list certain details of this plot here for better understanding.

- The Vision Hunt Decree had been in effect for 10 years instead of just one.

- Morax's assassination happened after one year of the Vision Hunt Decree's initiation.

- Osial's attack on Liyue happened during those 10 years when Hadeki lived there and watched it take place.

- The Traveler does not exist in this universe.

The plot of this story is not entirely lore accurate and I've stated this before.]

The two travelers were still standing at the rite. Taking in a view that was pouring in memories of different streams for both. Mourning for one, remembrance of chaos for the other.

"Here's an interesting thought; You have known him for centuries before, maybe not interact with for a long time but what was Morax like back then?"

"There isn't much to be said other than the fact that he truly was deserving of the legacy created after him. I once imagined we shared near equal power during the Archon War, but when I saw his actions for myself, I began to think otherwise." Ei lifted both her hands as if mimicking a sight she recalled. "I fought with all my might at any foe I could lay eyes upon. Yet he fought when threatened, or when his followers were threatened."

Flames were eternal. The world was scarred. Intense craters left behind filled to the brink with remains of Gods and monsters alike, a rumbling of pure terror and destruction....all following in the wake of one 'man.'

A white hooded being radiant power and violence but with such a calm and patient expression that turned to watch the devastation caused by him.

"I fought because I wanted to fight...He fought because he wanted to protect, that's when the thought occured to me,"

He saw the ocean before him, awaiting his next contender but instead of facing the seas, the ground beneath him break away as the blood of the world spilled out...water. Spewing and gushing until the showers took form into a beast of collosal mass that sounded off a trumpet of declaration to the mere speck of a man standing before it.

"If such a God can cause unimaginable demonstration of raw power for simply trying to protect his own...."

"What would happen when he actually plans on fighting?"

His rich gold eyes open with burning power, he raises his hand forward as if offering something to the beast before him but there was nothing in his palm.

The skies cracked open, the clouds ripped apart, spears greater than the size of proud mountains of old fell from the heavens and rained down on his foe, all it could do was scream in agony.

Ei brought her hand down and closed it into a fist. The events of that day were inscribed into her mind and she was never there to witness it.

"You seem to hold him in high regards." Hadeki resumed the topic.

"In the beginning, yes. But after a while, held nothing for any of the other Archons. Not since the great destruction 500 years ago...my detachment was now more extreme and that's the last I ever heard of him."

"But that did not mean that between those lengthy tales, Morax was unresponsive to all other deities." A sudden voice made them turn around.

"It was once heard of that the great Electro Archon of Eternity demanded a spar or two with him but was promptly rejected...in that moment she had already lost the battle of the wits."