Chapter 9: Night Walker

In the dazed world that was Alex's mind, he looked over at the clock in disbelief.

Not at the fact that he lost but at the fact that there was just two seconds left. He was two seconds away from at least getting a draw with Fu Hua, though he quickly got over that fact cause if anything, he could at least say that he nearly stood his ground against Fu Hua.

After being pinned down for a bit longer, Fu Hua got off him and helped Alex up as the boy stood back up albeit after stumbling a bit.

"Don't overexert yourself." Reassured Fu Hua as Alex nodded.

"Y-Yeah I know." He said.

"I gotta say, you impressed me." Said Fu Hua.

"I-I don't really see how. If anything, you were in control of the fight the entire time. Any offense I attempted you easily snuffed it out." Said Alex.

"I'm not talking about the actual fighting. I'm referring to your endurance. Previous battles I've had here always ended in less than one minute. Longest I've had was twenty-five seconds. They always tried to strike first and would be down in one punch. You however somehow managed to get out after taking a punch head on." She said.

"Yeah yeah I know. Look can we just go back already? I can barely stand." He said.

Fu Hua nodded as she held onto Alex's hand and walked back to the school as she guided him along.

Eventually after a bit they entered the school as Fu Hua had lead Alex into the medical room and after a bit of waiting, Alex was laid down on one of the beds with an ice pack on his face where Fu Hua had punched him earlier.

"I appreciate your time Alex. I wish you a good recovery." Said Fu Hua as she walked out of the room.

Knowing that he'd be here for a while, Alex took the opportunity to close his eyes and take a small nap.

Hours had passed before Alex began to slowly stir awake.

As he opened his eyes, he saw that he was still indeed in the room but now when we looked up, he was greeted by two breasts blocking the view of the ceiling.

"Wow. Didn't expect these to be the first things you'd look at. Puberty sure does hit fast huh?" Jokingly said a voice which Alex immediately knew was Himeko.

"Kinda hard not to when they're the only thing in my line of vision." He said with annoyance. "What're you doing here?"

"I came to check up on you after Fu Hua told me that you two had a sparring match. You were sound asleep though so I figured I'd wait for you to awaken. You should be grateful that I'm letting you rest of my lap. Lots of guys would kill to be in your position." Said Himeko as Alex frowned.

"I didn't ask for this at all." He said.

"Anyways, I can see that she got ya good. Even with the ice pack your cheek's turned purple." Said Himeko.

"Yeah I know. She hits like a large semi truck." Said Alex.

"Well at least your mostly alright. Fu Hua even told me that you lasted almost five minutes against her."

"Yeah I know. I was two seconds short."

"Wow. That certainly is an accomplishment. You impressed her today so nice going kid. You even got a couple of our students here buzzing all about you. Just try not to let the popularity get to your head okay kiddo?" Said Himeko in a smug tone as she walked out as Alex simply looked at her before looking back up and sighing.

'Just what have I gotten myself into?' He thought to himself.

[TimeSkip: Three Weeks Later]