Chapter 22: Break Out

Minutes would pass as Alex felt his body being shaken, seemingly trying to wake him up as he slowly began to open his eyes, immediately being blinded by the building's ceiling lights.

'First the chloroform and now this. I'm starting to feel woozy.' He thought.

The boy looked around and saw that he was still on the floor they were previously on as Himeko and Theresa were currently taking on the giant mech head on while Kiana provided supported from the back.

Alex's eyes eventually turned back to who was shaking him as he saw it was Mei who immediately gave him a hug once he was awake.

"Alex! Thank goodness your awake! You hit your head really hard on the metal pipe. I just barely managed to get the bleeding to stop." Said Mei as Alex felt where he had hit his head, to feel stitches there.

"Don't worry. I'm holding up fine and managed to get myself and Bronya to a safe distance. Please go help them." Said Mei.

Alex nodded and got back up onto his feet, staggering a bit as he headed towards the fight as Mei went back to where her and the unconscious Bronya were staying safe.

As the fight went on, the girls began to realize that nothing they've done so far had even managed to make a dent or even a scratch mark on the mech as they were getting exhausted.

The mech immediately cocked an arm back and attempted land a massive, full force punch onto Theresa until Alex managed to dive in time, successfully getting himself and Theresa out of the way as the mech missed the punch.

"Finally your awake!" Said Himeko.

"Yeah yeah I know my apologies." Said Alex. "Catch me up to speed. What the hell's been going on while I was out?" He asked.

"We're getting our asses kicked!" Shouted Kiana in an annoyed tone.

"Yeah I'm not surprised to hear tha-OW! Don't hit me!" Shouted Alex as he got smacked by Kiana mid sentence.

"We're all pretty much trying our best and getting nothing in return. We can't even leave mark on it. Only reason we're still going against it is because me and Theresa have barely been able to hold it back." Explained Himeko.

"I see. Hmm. Hey wait a sec. Remember how Cocolia just said not that long ago she had taken Wendy's core effectively killing her? With how well I know Cocolia, then she'd definitely take the oppurtunity to use it. This mech definitrly has to be using Wedny's Herrscher Core as a powerup." Said Alex which immediately got the girls shocked.

"She what!? How could she!? Alright now I'm really gonna skewer this giant metal bastard into trash!" Shouted Kiana.

"Ease up snow white I got an idea. I'm pretty sure if we find the core and destroy it, that'll take down the mech for sure. Clearly we're not enough to penetrate its armor." Said Alex.

"True, though I'm pretty sure that if reach the floor where the core is held, security there is gonna be tight." Himeko said.

"It's nothing we can't handle. Major Himeko, you and I will go find the core so you can destroy it. As for you two, just hold your ground as best as you two can." Said Alex as he pointed to Theresa and Kiana.

The three girls nodded as Alex and Himeko immediately took off to the next, lower floor as Kiana and Theresa went back to engaging the mech.

"And what makes you so sure that the core isn't up there?" Asked Himeko.

"I've known Cocolia for a while now. She wouldn't have put the core in the mech's body, arms, and head, It would be too obvious." Said Alex.

They reached the lower floor as this floor had the mech's lower body with a couple of normal mechs guarding the floor.

The two immediately began to slice their way through the mechs with ease and at a quick pace.

Once they were done, they went to the next lower floor which had the waist of the giant mech as the security here was extemely tight with tons of mechs guarding the floor.

"Bingo. Look over there." Said Alex as he pointed at the torso, as a bright light was shining, embedded into the body.

"I'm gonna need you to buy me some time. With how tough this metal is, I'm gonna need to charge up a hefty amount."

"Alright got it. Let's finish this Major Himeko." Said Alex.

"With pleasure Mr. Mustang." Said Himeko as she chuckled a bit.

Alex charged ahead and began to fight the large hoard of mechs, attracting their attention as Himeko stood in front of the torso and began to focus, closing her eyes holding her claymore out and charging it up.

'I hope this goes by quick.' Thought Alex as he continued to try and keep the mechs distracted.

Eventually after just one minute had barely passed, Himeko opened her eyes, and blazing hot flames began to envelop the entirety of the blade, signifying that she was ready.

Alex had just managed to finish destroying the last remaining mechs as he saw Himeko about ready to lunge and slice the toroso in half, effectively destroying the core.

Unfortunately, Alex saw a large gate open as a mech stepped out and began to charge at Himeko, ready to punch her out of the way.

'Shit! By the time it gets there Himeko's gonna be defenseless after cutting the torso in half!' Thought Alex to himself.

With no hesitation, Alex immediately sprang into action, running as fast as he could to reach the impact zone.

With a strong fiery swing, Himeko slashed and cut the giant mech's torso in half, as the sound of the mech powering off was heard.

"Alright kid. Looks like your plan wor-!?"

At the last second, Alex pushed Himeko out of the way as the mech's heavy fist absolutely rocked and hit Alex's face and head right on the mark as the young boy was immediately rendered unconscious for the third time and collided against the wall.

"Alex!" Shouted Himeko in worry as she immediately took down the mech quickly and ran up to him.

Himeko though wasn't even given any time to inspect the damage done to his face as she turned back to see Kiana carrying Mei and Theresa carrying Bronya as she were in a hurry.

"Hurry up Aunt Himeko! The mech's gonna blow up!" Shouted Kiana.

Himeko immediately picked up Alex over her shoulders as the three girls immediately rushed out of AE's main building as at the last moment they managed to get outside, the mech and subsequently the building blew up behind them.

The heist, had been completed.

--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 22: Complete