Chapter 36: A New Flame

Hours would pass until Alex would finally awaken.

He was greeted by a bright light above him as he winced his eyes a bit before eventually regaining his vision.

When he did, he saw the face a beaten and battered but very concerned Theresa as once the principal saw the boy awaken, she immediately had a relieved smile and hugged him.

"A-Alex! Oh thank god you're awake!" She said.

"Y-Yeah." Said the boy who was still trying to get his bearing together as he sat up, with Theresa eventually stopping the hug.

"One of Anti-Entropy's patrol mechs had spotted you unconscious on your own and immediately brought you to Hyperion to be attended too." She said.

Alex nodded and took in most of the info until he heard that he had been spotted alone when he for damn sure knew he wasn't.

"Wait, did you say the mech spotted me alone? No that can't be I was with Fu Hua. Where is she? There's no way she could've just left me alone right then and there." Said the boy.

As he said that, Theresa just gave a sigh and answered him.

"I understand but, you were indeed alone when spotted. Fu Hua was nowhere to be seen. I'm sorry but we don't know where she is." She said.

All Alex could do in response to that was just lay back down.

On one hand, he was thankful that he was able to survive an encounter with the Herrscher but on the other, he was genuinely worried about Hua's whereabouts and safety.

"Well, how're you holding up? When I passed by Bronya, you and Mei were both conked out." Alex said as he turned to face the principal.

"My wounds have mostly been tended to, but I'm still far from being combat ready. It's gonna take a while for me to fully recover." She said.

"I see. What about Mei?"

When he asked that, Theresa kept silent for a long while allowing Alex to quickly pick up that the answer was far from a positive one.

"Well, due to the Herrscher taking her core away from her, Mei suffered severe heart injuries. From what I last heard from the medics and Bronya, her vitals were growing weaker. At this rate, she's gonna have to under go cardiac surgery to survive." Said Theresa.

"Huh. Well I'm be damned. We're dropping like flies." Was all Alex could say in response. "What's the plan now?"

"I'm unsure. Your best bet is to get to the main bridge. Bronya and Dr. Einstein should he discussing the next course of action."

After Theresa has informed the boy how to get there, Alex made his way through the airship's interiors.

Once he entered and went up an elevator, he had arrived at the main bridge as after he walked down the aisle, there was Bronya and Einstein at the end.

This was the first time Alex had seen the famous A.E. scientist in person as she had messy light blue hair that fell to her shoulders and dark blue eyes. She wore a blue-ish tie and light blue vest over a white collared shirt. She wore a black jacket over her light blue vest and cuffed shorts. Lastly, Einstein wore garters over her black socks and uniquely designed heeled shoes.

As he approached them, Bronya quickly took notice and immediately had hugged the boy in relief as he hugged her back.

"Thank goodness Subject Alex is okay. The Bronya was extremely worried for him." She said as Alex simply patted her head to ease her up.

He then turned his attention to the blue haired girl.

"You must be Dr. Einstein. It's an honor to meet you." He said.

"No need for the formalities Mustang. We're allies after all. I'm assuming you were sent here by Theresa?" She asked.

"Yeah. She told me to consult you two on the next course of action." He said.

"I see. Well you've arrived just in the nick of time. I was about to tell Bronya here as well." She said.

With that, Alex and Bronya gave Einstein their attention as the doctor spoke.

"A while ago, we had received a signal from Dr. Tesla which gave away her location. With all the casualties and setbacks we've had and with the current situation as it is, we have no choice but to withdraw from the battlefield. Currently we're four kilometers away from her approximate location. Once we pinpoint her exact location and retrieve her, we'll be on our way." She said.

Naturally, Alex was about to voice his grievances about just leaving Kiana, however before he could an alarm went off.

"The radar has picked up a large swarm of Honkai Beasts attempting to attack the battleship!" Said Bronya.

Einstein went to the edge of the bridge as she spoke on the intercom.

"Everyone, to their battlestations!" She said.

After that, she turned her attention to the two.

"Alex, Bronya. Go to the top floor and help out." She said.

They nodded and turned to face the elevator as they walked towards it.

"Ready to work together?" Asked Alex with a small confident smile.

"The Bronya can't wait. Let's do this, Subject Alex." Replied the android with a small smile herself.

The two entered the elevator and made their way to the top floor.

Once the elevator reached the top floor which was essentially the top of Hyperion, Alex and Bronya stepped out to see that it was infected and overrun by tons of Honaki Beasts.

After exchanging a nod with one another, the two began to engage as they each took on their own groups of beasts as Alex slashed and dashed threw a couple while Bronya utilizing Project Bunny, delivered massive punches and shot missiles at the beasts.

As the two kept on going, Alex began to notice Bronya get a lot more sluggish and slow with her attacks.

That was when he remembered that unlike him, Bronya had gone through a hellacious and exhausting battle against the Herrscher not too long ago.

The fatigue began to get to the girl as she ended up falling onto one knee, already exhausted and right when a lance wielding Honkai Beast was fast approaching her.

"Bronya!" Alex shouted as he cut past his current batch and immediately made a mad dash as he could towards her.

Right as Alex stood in between the beast and Bronya fully prepared to block the attack, a sudden burst of flames shot forth as the beast was slained.

Not too long after that a familiar red head had dropped down from above right in front of him.

--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 36: Complete