Chapter 17: Intermission

Arc City was one of those places that looked nice and appealing aesthetically but all it took was just one day living there to realize how rough it was.

Away from the tall buildings and nearby areas where the rich and wealthy live, everywhere else in the suburbs and neighborhoods were filled with daily crime.

It also didn't help that the city had been majorly overcrowded since the Nagazora Incident in 2014.

Three years ago, a partial Honkai eruption had occurred causing the city to be corrupted with tons of Honkai Energy and be littered with Honkai Beasts.

In the aftermath, the surviving residents all moved to Arc City and aided with the growing population of the city itself, overcrowding came pretty quickly.

With all the crime that happened there, it wasn't a suprise that this was where Alex currently lived.

After getting dropped off from his bus ride from St. Freya, Alex was greeted by the familiar sight of the city's skyscraper lights illuminating from above.

After that, he began to walk down the path that headed towards the suburbs where his apartment room was located.

On his way there, there was a sudden change of plans as Alex decided to make a quick pit stop somewhere before arrrving back home.

He arrived at a crossroads and instead of going straight where his apartment room was he made a right, crossing the street as he was heading towards a small plaza that was at a run down part of the city.

After heading there and dodging a few close run ins with crooks, Alex arrived at the plaza.

Everything there was either closed for the night or closed permanently and abandoned.

Only one building there caught Alex's eye as he walked towards it as it had a dimly lit neon sign that was flashing on and off as the sign read, "Raven's."

As Alex stood in front of the entrance, he knocked on the door a couple times as he waited for a response as it eventually came.

"Go home! It's almost midnight. I'm closing up shop." Said a female voice inside the building as Alex chuckled before answering.

"Don't even have time for a talk sensei?" He asked.

As he said that, a chuckle was heard from within the building as the neon sign was turned off.

"Come on in. And lock the door so no one else enters." Said the female voice.

Alex opened the door and walked into the building as he was met with the sight of a bar with champagne and wine bottles up on display against the wall.

He closed the door and then locked it as he turned back around to see the bartender behind the bar cleaning and placing away glass bottles.