Chapter 30: Road to the Tower

After dropping off Siegfried at a nearby base, the duo of Alex and Cecilia began their journey towards Babylon Tower.

It was a lengthy and treacherous journey as the two had encountered and fought off numerous Honkai Beasts on their way to the tower.

Eventually though the encounters began to decrease as they saw the tower not too far in the distance, meaning that they were approaching their destination.

As they were on their way, Cecilia suddenly giggled which caught Alex's attention.

"Hm? Something funny on your mind?" Asked Alex.

"Well, kinda. That other voice that was accompanying Theresa, what's her name?" Asked Cecilia.

"Um, I-It's Kiana. Kiana Kaslana." Said Alex, not really able to lie since she had asked out of the blue.

"Huh. Interesting. Not only does she sound exactly like my daughter, she also has her entire name. First and last." Said Cecilia as Alex nervously chuckled to himself.

"Y-Yeah. Really coincidental ain't it?" Said Alex as he nervously laughed.

He then saw Cecilia turn on the device and flip the switch as she began to play around with the radio frequency as constant static was heard until one was meet with just dead silence.

"Hello? Is this Kiana?" Asked Cecilia which caught Alex off guard.

'I-Is she actually trying to contact Kiana? No way she actually got her right?' Thought Alex.

Then, a voice came through.

"Hm? C-Cecilia!? Why are you calling me!?" Asked a shocked Kiana.

'She actually succeeded!?' Thought Alex who was also in shock.

"Yes I knew it! This voice is definitely Kiana!" Said an excited Cecilia.

"I-Is there anything you need from me Cecilia?" Asked Kiana who was a bit nervous as she totally didn't expect this sudden call.

"I have a favor to ask." She said.

After hearing that, Kiana immediately perked up as her nervous was replaced with sudden sheer amounts of confidence.

"A favor!? T-Then I'll definitely do anything you ask, Cecilia! I'll even put my life on the line for it! Just tell me what I gotta do!" Said Kiana.

"Don't worry it's not serious. Now, I know this may sound a little weird, but, could you say mom to me?" Asked Cecilia.

"H-Huh? Wait, why?" Asked Kiana who totally didn't expect this to be Cecilia's favor.

"Please, just do it for me. You really sound like my daughter's voice if she was grown up." Said Cecilia.

"O-Okay then. Um...mom." Said Kiana, trying her best not to make it completely awkward.

"T-Thank you! That was perfect! I definitely gotta record this as soon as possible!" Said Cecilia who was extrmely overjoyed at hearing that.

'Well, glad that went well I guess.' Thought Alex who was admittedly a little glad that Kiana had a little bonding moment with her mother.

"W-Wait hold on. Cecilia could you do a favor for me?" Asled Kiana.

"Sure. What is it Kiana?" Asked Cecilia.

It took Kiana a moment to responded but then she did.

"I-I'm sorry to sound like Aunt Theresa, but, could you also abandon the mission?" Asked Kiana.