Chapter 19: Reunion

Upon entering the main HQ, progress had been steadily made as the group of four climbed up each floor while doing their best not to get caught and alert the security within the building.

It was when they reached midway that the usual guards got tougher as they walked around the floor looking for the next flight of stairs to go up.

Large and heavy thumping sounds were heard as the four immediately went and hid behind a couple of crates as they peeked out and saw that now one of AE's large and purple mechs was approaching.

A light shined from its head, as it used its vision to find any anomalies or anything weird within the vicinity.

It eventually stopped and walked away to a different area of the floor.

"Well then, I was wondering when these guys would start showing up." Said Alex.

"Seems like the higher we get, the more beefed up security gets. Instead of normal guards, now we gotta deal with AE's mechs." Said Himeko.

"These are just base level mechs. I'm willing to bet that the higher we go, we'll run into their higher powered and stronger mechs." Said Theresa.

"So what? They'll still get the same treatment and get turned into a pile of scrap heap!" Claimed Kiana.

"It's possible but that would require us four to take down even one. I'd rather not get into a fight with a group of them. Let's just keep our current pace going and only fight when absolutely neccessary. We've already caused enough of a commotion on the lower levels." Said Alex.

With all of them in agreement, they continued to sneak around doing their best to avoid the mech's vision.

More floors continued to be cleared one by one as they gradually drew closer to the top floor.

As they got closer and closer, the mechs started to get bulkier and appear in more numbers, making opportunities to sneak around more and more difficult.

"Crap. At this rate we're gonna be left with no other choice but to fight them." Said Alex.

The others also agreed so they all stepped out and began to engage the mechs on a grueling fight.

After a lengthy battle, they finally managed to come out on top but were pretty exhausted in the end.

"Okay. When we reach the next floor, can we please take a break?" Said Himeko between pants, Theresa nodding in agreement while Kiana was so exhausted that she could barely even stand.

"A-Alright. We'll take a breather then." Said Alex as he himself was also panting.

The four began to head their way up to the next floor until they heard a sound from benind.

They all turned around to see a single, new mech had approached them all on its own, this one being colored black with massive purple colored gauntlets instead of hands.

"You girls go on ahead. I'll catch up in a bit." Said Alex.

"Hey hold on are you sure?" Asked Himeko.

"It's better to have one of us take this robot on so the rest can focus on the main task as to not waste anytime." Said Alex.

"Please don't overexert yourself. We'll be waiting for you." Said Theresa as the three girls went up to the next floor as Alex walked back down the stairs to confront the mech.

"Alright let's dance." Said Alex as he stood in front of the large mech.

Right as he said that, the mech suddenly turned off and shut down which immediately caught Alex off guard.