Chapter one: énigmatique

12/16/23 Note: this story is currently on hiatus, thus it is marked as complete. Most of the actual plot finishes around chapter 20-25 The rest are fillers. I've stopped writing stories in the Haikyuu fandom and moved onto BSD and bad apple, however, if you like this fic I post fics like these on a03 @/OliveLynette.

Dear diary,

This is the story of how I died. Of course to my luck, I came back. Sometimes when I think hard enough I wonder, why the hell didn't I stay dead? I know why of course but why couldn't I stay dead like he did.
- The Yakuza's Witch.

The day of October 5th, two babies were born in énigmatique coven in France.

The two babies were the decent of Japanese ancestors, thus, the babies were given Japanese names.

The youngest baby, very calm and peaceful was given the name Osamu.  The other boy, clinging onto his mothers breast, desperately feeding was given the appropriate name of Atsumu.

As the boys grew older at the age of 5, Atsumu was gifted with the ability to carry children.

It was such an honor in their coven for a male witch to carry a child.

Osamu however hated that his older brother would have to carry a child, he could see how uncomfortable Atsumu was as old men looked at him.

When Atsumu was six, he discovered he needed to absorb magic to be able to use it, which some people called stealing since if he absorbed a witch's magical energy he could steal it, thus stealing a witches magic making them a human.

The witches coven found out and looked at him in disgust, even his parents. They were terrified of their son, knowing that he could potentially steal their magic some day. His mother didn't do the same as his father as much,

The only two people who didn't were Osamu and the elder, Lady Corinne.

Lady Corinne sat with a sobbing atsumu and an afraid osamu.

She rubbed Atsumu's back.

" Atsumu. " she calmly said as he looked up.

She placed a pendant around his neck and his teary eyes looked up at her.

" This, this pendant is specifically for siphoners. Once you touch this you can siphon it and it'll give you magic. "

Lady Corrine kissed his head as Osamu started crying a bit.

" why are you doing this ? " he asked quietly as Lady Corrine smiled at him sadly.

" My daughter, she found out she was a siphoner. Me and my husband desperately tried to hide it, and we did. For 21 years. "

She rubs Atsumu cheek

" They found out after she gave birth and they shunned her and tried to shun the baby. I couldn't save her, however I can save future siphon witches. "

" Thank..Thank you.. " Osamu says, staring at the pendant.

" This pendant, it was made over 300 years ago, when the first siphon witch was born. He wore it with pride. "

From that day on, Osamu became very  protective of Atsumu, due to Lady Corrine requests and his desperate need to keep his older brother safe.

When Atsumu was 8, his mother tried to find men to marry Atsumu off to once he turned 15.

This terrified him and Osamu.

Atsumu got overwhelmed and ran into the forest, sitting on a log and crying.