Chapter Fifteen: Sunny days

Atsumu sits on the ground, grounding and pounding grapes in a bucket with Kita.

It's 100° and to both Kita and Atsumu, to fucking hot.

Sakusa is sitting at a shaded table with shading. On his left, Kuroo laid in the sun, getting a tan while Akaashi and Kenma were playing volleyball in the pool.

Bokuto laid next to Kuroo, hand resting on his 30 week bump.

" So you're saying that this'll be the best wine? " Atsumu said, annoyed he has to squash the grapes in this heat.

I mean, who wouldn't be?

Kenma swam to the side where Atsumu was and smirked.

Kita nodded, his sun hat covering his eyes and he pressed and pushed the grapes.

Days like this were nice, it made them all feel like nothing was against them. Like it was just the group.

" You guys are so lucky~ " Kuroo teased, getting up and dropping his body into the pool.

Bokuto laughed and started drinking some of the adult beverages from the table.

Tsukishima came out of the house, Tadashi was clinging next to him.

Atsumu always stared at Tsukishima's eyes.

Green and sharp. Just like his mom.

Atsumu remembers the day his mother left.

He likes to say it was when she and his father kicked him out but that's not true.

She left for a year when he and Osamu were five.

Then when she came back she was cold and stern. It was upsetting.

Atsumu smiles sadly, massaging the grapes.

Just then a shot is heard and Sakusa let's out small sharp gasp, clenching his arm.

Atsumu runs to Sakusa, holding his shoulder.

Kumo stands behind Sakusa, a crossbow in his hand.

Komori runs to Kumo, ripping the wooden crossbow out of his hand.

Kita wraps the wound, usually it would heal quickly, vampire and all however, Kumo places vervain on the tip.

" Now, why the hell did you do that!? " Komori screamed, standing in front of Kumo.

" He killed my father. YOUR LOVER! " Kumo shouted staring at Komori.

Sakusa didn't flinch, he didn't make any reaction, staring at Kumo.

Sakusa calmly got up and sipped his tea, leaning back on the bed.

" Kid, if I knew you were in there I wouldn't have killed him. " Sakusa said, a small frown on his face.

Kumo gritted his teeth and clenched his fist.

He slammed the door and walked away, leaving a shocked Motoya to stare at his cousin

Kita gives Atsumu a file, leaving him confused.

" What is this? " Atsumu said, taking the pin off the top and looking through the wrinkly pages.

" Daishō Suguru case file. It took forever to find. We think he's trying to hurt Kuroo and the babies." Kita said, sighing and wiping his forehead.

Atsumu looked through the file and one thing in particular caught his eye.

" Wait, case study 49717? " Atsumu said, asking for clarification which Kita granted.

" You're telling me that this man who's trying to hurt Bokuto's and Akaashi's babies— as well as Kuroo's life and who's apparently super duper powerful that we need to make a treaty with Aoba Johsai is a human? " Atsumu asked, shock trailed over his face to his toes, allowing goose bumps to form.