Chaptet Seven: Souls Resonate

♡❀˖⁺. No one's POV⋆˙⊹❀♡

The next morning Atsumu woke up bright and early, not to his liking of course.

He heard Sakusa's voice and Kuroo's outside his window.

He carefully walked down the stairs to investigate, eventually making it outside to see a sweaty Kuroo holding a golden halberd.

Atsumu watched him swing it around as Sakusa talked.

" you need to resonate, that's the only way to unleash Kenma's full potential. " Sakusa says, crossing his arms.

Kuroo sighs, holding the halberd close to his hips as he leans down and breaths heavily.

Sakusa notices Atsumu and smiles. This makes Atsumu's heart flutter.

" Hello Atsumu. " he greets. Atsumu nodded back and simply waved.

" Yo! Atsumu! " Kuroo greeted, tossing the weapon in the air.

Atsumu watched in amazement as the halberd starting glowing gold before it disappeared revealing a certain pudding head, standing behind Kuroo angrily. He also looks very sick.

" I told you not to toss me! " Kenma spat angrily, crossing his arms as Kuroo picked him up, carrying him in one arm whorl smiling.

" What brings you out here? " Kuroo asked, smiling brightly.

He must be around my age, if not older. Atsumu thinks.

" I heard noises and wanted to check them out... " Atsumu whispered while looking at the couple.

" Well Atsumu, we have training you are happy to stay and watch. " Kiyoomi says as he turns his attention to the weapon and wielder.

Kuroo sighs as he raises his hand, kenma closes his eyes and Atsumu watched as his small body's shifted into a long halberd.

" Kuroo how are you able to posses Kenma? Are you a supernatural species? " Atsumu asked and Kuroo laughed, twisting the halberd in his hands.

" Anyone can become a wielder but not everyone can become a weapon. "

The story of Kenma Kozume was depressing to say the least. Born October 16th, 1995 he was the only child too two human parents.

They adored him until his 8th birthday where they were killed.

His grandmother, who was a witch wanted to do magic on him.

He refused, saying that his mother wouldn't want that.

The only thing she said was that his kind hearted mother was a disgrace who abandoned her witchcraft for her human lover.

And one day she tied Kenma down on a bed, chanting a spell.

That spell Kenma later found out was called the telum corpus. A newly race that could be turned.

He woke up the day after with a headache, his grandmother yelled at him and he snapped, he placed his hand up and a shiny weapon pierced her neck, killing her slowly.

Kenma gasped at what he did. He didn't mean to, she just scared him.

He packed bags and stole her money, leaving as quickly and as fast as he could.

For the next eight years he was on the run, running away from everyone and everything that scared him. He would scare people into giving him food because no one has seen a race quite like his.

No one has seen a ten year old turn his hand into a halberd.

He would do stupid things as well, he would sell drugs to earn an extra income.