Interlude: The New Girl is Weak

"Thank you all for coming," Sophia says as she sits down on the lounge chair in the office. Across from her, Isabella, Chloe and Mia sit as comfortably as they can on a couch clearly not designed for three people. "I assume you're all going to be that new girl's teammate."

"Makayla? Yeah." Isabella nods.

"Right, I thought that was going to be the case. I thought I should warn you that that girl could be more of a burden than you realise."

"Wait, what do you mean?" Chloe leans forward, ready to jump to Makayla's defence.

"We'll, for whatever reason, she is in an incredibly weakened state at the moment. I've done what I can, but it will still take a couple of weeks for her to regain her full power."

"So, we'll just wait a couple weeks," Isabella says, but Sophia shakes her head.

"Even then, she's just a naturally weak magical girl. Weaker than your average one. These types of girls don't tend to last very long and, when in teams, often put their teammates' lives in danger. I've seen it before." Sophia lowers her head.

"But surely she can improve. Anyone can become stronger if they just try." Chloe argues. Isabella raises a hand in front of Chloe to settle her down before speaking.

"Is there anything you can do?"

"We'll, there is one thing..." Sophia says as she puts a finger to her chin. "But it's more of a last resort measure than any actual power." Isabella rises from her seat.

"If it'll help her, then let's do it."