Chapter 23 Jog my Memory

We've started making the hostel our little meeting place between the four of us. There's no way anyone is going to use this place anymore. I've checked the rooms myself, Isabella, Chloe, Summer, Amelia, and Sayaka. They gathered up all their stuff and left, to where I'm not sure. In the meantime, Stella, Grace, Mia and I have all been trying to fight back against the tide of all the factions of magical girls. We defeat uwasa and witches where we can, but it feels like we're hardly making any sort of dent.

"Today, let's go here." Stella points on the map a place in Sydney we haven't been to before. It's on the northwest side, where there are some abandoned factories.

"Are we sure about this?" Mia asks. "Can't we just have one day break? We've been working no stop." I look at Mia and Grace's faces. They look tired and not very motivated. If I'm being honest, I'm finding it hard to keep going as well. I don't know how Stella can keep at it.

"We have to keep going. Every day we stop working, Magius and the Wanderers get stronger. We're only a small team, so we have to pick up the slack." Stella replies.

"Umm..." I say, raising my hand. "For once, I think Mia is right."

"For once!?" Mia says. She's playing it up to seem annoyed, which makes me want to go further, but I have something more to say.

"We're only a small team. If we keep on going like this, we'll get burnt out. We might even make a mistake too big to fix." I say. I'm kind of dancing around the topic, but that mistake could mean death. Stella takes a proper look at each of us before sighing.

"I think you're right." She lowers her head. "But this is the one day we get."

"Why not make it a weekly thing?" I ask. "So we're not working twenty-four, seven." Mia nods her head quickly.

"Yeah, that's a great idea. It will also give us something to look forward to."

"But..." Stella starts to say, but Grace also speaks up.

"Umm... I-I would also like that." She says. "C-could we keep it to Sundays as well." I don't even have to ask to know why she wants Sundays off. The three of us turn to Stella.

"I don't think I have much choice. If my three teammates won't work, then what's the point."

"All we ask is for one day off." Mia clarifies. "The rest of the week, we can fight."

"Fine." Stella nods. "Any ideas of what you girls want to do with your day off?"

"Beach day?" Mia says, sounding excited. She looks around the group. Stella and I nod, but Grace looks less than thrilled.

"Umm... I would rather not." She says.

"Wh- but why?" Mia asks. Grace turns away. She might be trying to think of the right words.

"What about just visiting an aquarium or something?" I say. Grace shakes her head.

"Well, we don't all have to do the same thing," Stella says, standing up. "I don't know about you, but if we're having these days off, I'm thinking about a spa to relax." She stretches her arm out into the air. I turn to look at Mia.

"I'll go." She puts a hand up in front of me.

"Nah, moments past." She says.