Traitor (Part II)

*𝘋𝘢𝘯'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷*

 "𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘮?"

 𝘗𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘢 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘵𝘢𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦. 

"𝘌𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘭 𝘩𝘪𝘮!"

 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴 

"𝘞𝘪𝘱𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘢 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦!"

 "𝘒𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘪𝘮!" 𝘒𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦??? 

"𝘋𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴. 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘶𝘭𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴," 𝘏𝘢𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘬 𝘴𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘴. 𝘈 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥.

 "𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘪𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘢 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦?" 𝘈 𝘣𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘵 𝘶𝘱, 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵. 

"𝘒𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘪𝘮?" 

𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘴 𝘶𝘱, 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘯-𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘺. 𝘐 𝘴𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘦. 𝘈𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥? 

"𝘞𝘪𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘢 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦, 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴." 𝘏𝘢𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘬 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 

"𝘉𝘰𝘰!" 𝘗𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘴 𝘶𝘱 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥. "𝘞𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘦?" 

𝘚𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦. 

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵. 𝘉𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘦𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘳." 

*** 

Trying to determine what shade of white the cowling is is no fun. I groan, and pull the blanket up, covering my face. I turn over for the 1000th time. The pestering thoughts swirling in my mind are too loud for me to sleep. I try to declutter my thoughts. I'm disgusted and ashamed of punching Aay, miserable about the argument between me and Magnus, and confused about the "Dan's a traitor," Part. Who would frame me? And why? Maybe it was. . . Haavik? Or Aay? He did say he wanted me dead, after all. Goosebumps arise on my arms, and so do small hairs. I shudder at the thought of Aay planting false evidence against me to expel me, after just kicking his nose! 

 Philomena said at Midnight, how long do I have left? How long until I have to leave behind everything? I've ever known? The familiar corridors? The agonisingly early mornings. The people I've met? The teachers? I didn't even get the opportunity to explain myself. Everyone turned their back on me, and the second they thought that I'm no longer the "Prized student," There was no way I can let whoever did this get away with it! I haven't done anything, I don't deserve it! I toss the blanket aside and sit on the bed. I hunch over, fists clasped. I don't want to lose the memories I've made here, even though the people involved hate me. The endless, petty insults Magnus and I would hurl at each other, Riot's shipping and picture taking. A knocking at the door. My heart thunder's in my chest, and my eyes pop. I rush to the door. A lion's mane and a green overcoat peek out at me. 

"Dan Kouzo. The traitor," Storm scoffs 

"I'm not a traitor! Why won't you stupid fuckers believe me? Just because of some shitty evidence, everyone betrays ME." I yell, battling tears of rage. 

"Oooh~ what a great display of such raw emotion! Shame, our academy is losing a marvellous actor." 

"Quiet convincing. . . If only I bought it." Haavik purrs 

"Want to say something to your friends, before you forget them? Forever." Storm stands aside, and I see Riot, Say and Kurin.

"Dan, you turned out to be a fucking disappointment! Being friends with a traitor makes me sick, no wonder Crystal Blue didn't want to talk to you! You're a brash, egotistical attention seeker." Spit goes flying everywhere. I brace myself, considering Riot's violent reputation.

"Hah! I thought you guys would've had my back. Would've been there in my time of need. Yeah, I hit Aay. So? Riot, you've done the same thing, if not worse-"  

"That was different, it was a slap. I never drew blood." Riot protests 

"Yeah, Riot's done this kinda thing before, but she's never drawn blood." Kurin adds, "You know, the sad thing is, when they said there was a traitor, you were the last one I would suspect. After everything, you turned out to be the traitor. . ." 

Everyone turned their back on me, the second they thought that I'm no longer the 'Prized student,' But I didn't think you would be one of them too! Such great friends you were." I snap. 

"Dan, you're many things. Being a traitor is something I didn't see coming. And you kick hurt like hell. Fuck, I think you broke my nose!" Aay groans

"Alright, alright. Last words?" Storm pushes

"Just wait, you stupid fuckers. Just wait, you'll see I'm right. I'll prove my innocence!" I shriek, like an unhinged lunatic while Storm and Haavik grab onto one of my arms, and drag me. They continue to drag me until we reach a harbour. The sky is midnight black, dotted with the occasional twinkling star. The stars are reflected in the water. A figure has a black clock draped over them, concealing every part of their body. 

"Go in." Storm commands. I step into the boat, hesitant, as the water gently rocks the boat. I wobble and place my other foot down. I sit in the boat. The faculty follow. I shift on the spot in unease. Storm and Haavik's beady eyes never leave me. My eyes droop like a wilting plant. The figure turns, ensuring we're all. The pale, blank face causes my chest to constrict. 

*** 

When I'Iwake next, I see a raven-haired boy hunched over a bed, talking to a raven-haired girl with matching Persian eyes. The girl is dressed in a hospital gown. Sitting up, and facing Magnus. Arms as thin as a rake. Hollow cheekbones, and unbrushed hair. Pale skin tinged with a slight yellow. She looks so fragile, that doing the slightest thing would kill her. Her Persian doe eyes popping, before she giggles faintly. The laughter seems to drain all her remaining energy. 

"Magnus. . . Emily?" 

"Huh?" The mention of her name causes her to turn towards me, rubbing her eye. 

"Dan." 

"Oh, he's finally awake." 

My heart accelerates at the sight of Magnus. 

"Magnus I- 

"Dan I-" 

"You go first."

"No, you." 

"There's not much time. Listen close. Storm and Haavik are the traitors. They were the ones that framed you." He informs, clasping my hands 

"Wha-?" I splutter

"I know it doesn't make sense, but listen! They stole the stuff to overthrow Philomena, so they can rule instead. We have to stop them. They have plans for world domination, and we never wanted that." 

"Wait," I laugh, "Doesn't that makes us the good guys?"

"Maybe. Maybe we're not as evil as we look. But I have a plan. . ."