16 - Draining Office Work Pt. 16

"Are you ready to go Bakugou?" 

Katsuki snaps himself back into focus. Izuku and him are outside of the work building, and Katsuki's heart has been beating out of his chest the entire time. He stares at him for a moment too long, before answering. 

"Yeah, I've been ready nerd, I'm waiting for you!" 

He gets a smile and a laugh out of him.

"Let's go, I'll show you where it is!"

Izuku starts to walk away, and Katsuki catches up, walking next to him. Their hands brush and he feels like his whole body is on fire. Izuku doesn't look like he notices anything though, his eyes bright as his hands gesture around him excitedly. 

"They have the best pastries there too! You like spicy stuff right," 

Katsuki nearly dies. Izuku remembered something about him. Izuku pays attention to whatever the hell he's saying- 

"They have this super spicy cake pop thing; I tried it once and I think I saw my life flash in front of me!" 

Katsuki rolls his eyes and puts his hands in his pockets. If their hands brush again, he doesn't know if he will be able to keep his cool. 

"That's because even salt is spicy for you." 

Izuku nudges his shoulder with his, giving him a stern look. So much for limiting contact as much as possible. 

"That isn't true! It's just because you eat spicy stuff like its water, your taste buds are used to it already." 

Katsuki can't help but lean into his shoulder and nudge him back, grinning. 

"Maybe I should bring you a bento sometime. It will be so fucking spicy, just holding it will make your eyes water." 

Izuku turns away, folding his arms. 

"I wouldn't eat it then." 

"You so would, we both know you can't say no when someone offers you something, Deku." 

Izuku looks at him, his eyes wide. 

"Deku?" 

Katsuki snickers.

 "Yeah. You."

 Izuku thinks for a moment, before grinning. 

"Then I'll call you kacchan."

 Katsuki grimaces by just how cutesy and childish it sounds. 

"Don't fucking call me that." 

Izuku laughs. 

"I knew you would hate it! You shouldn't though, Kacchan, it fits you so well!" 

He puts his hand in his hair and shoves his head away from him, mostly to feel his hair and hide how red his face is. 

"Shut up Deku!" 

He just got a nickname. Izuku just gave him a nickname! From what he can tell, he doesn't have nicknames for his other friends, none in the posts with them at least. That makes him special. He feels like he's in a fucking dream, and they haven't even gotten to the place yet. 

Izuku takes his hand to get it off of him, and for a couple of seconds, it feels like they are holding hands like a couple

"It's just around the corner!" 

Katsuki wishes this day could last forever. Hell, he wishes every day could be like this. And it will be, once he takes care of the main thing getting in his way.