Rough Days-George Weasley

"Students! Students, please calm down! I get that this is the your first time at Hogwarts, not to mention your first class, but please keep it down. You can discuss the castles wonders outside of the classroom on your own time," I said trying to settle the class down. This is my second year of teaching at Hogwarts, the very place I graduated and became a witch. It felt wrong being away from this place for so long, that's when I decided that I would be a teacher. I've always excelled at school and helped others as well, I would tutor them. So I knew teaching at Hogwarts would be the best thing for me. I've never been more right.

My first year teaching was a little rough but it was a learning experience of what to do and what not to do. "Okay, now that I have everyone's attention... Welcome to charms class! I will be your professor for the rest of the year, and most likely the rest of your schooling career. I am Y/n L/n, but you may call me Professor L/n, in fact you need to call me that," obviously I'm not having the best morning, the only thing I don't like about Hogwarts is the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. George Weasley, he's been a real pain in the ass every since- well... ever since the death of his brother, Fred Weasley. He just, he was never the same after that and I get it, he lost the one person he thought he never would. But he always makes my life miserable, I don't know why, I don't fight back obviously but it's still frustrating. That's why I'm moody this morning. But I need to push it aside and teach these students who are here for a reason. "I'm sorry for my harshness, anyways let's continue. As you would know by now, the wand chooses the wizard, and the more your magical ability grows the more your connection with your wand grows. For todays class we'll be learning something simple, how to cast Lumos," as I said 'Lumos' the tip of my wand lit up and I smiled as I showed the students who were in aw.

-

After classes were over for the day I went to my office and started doing some paperwork on the new batch of first years. I was trying to figure out what I would teach the 5th years next when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I said still focusing on what to do next.

"I need you to fill in for me and teach the 6th years tomorrow, they'll be going over the Expulso curse," I looked up only to find George Weasley looking at me with an unenthusiastic look on his face. The least he could've done was asked me first instead of telling me.

"No, I can't tomorrow my schedule is full to the brim, with the first years new to this whole world and the 5th years starting to get into the more dangerous part of charms classes," I simply stated getting up and walking towards a bookshelf finding a book of charms. I started flipping through the pages when George walked over to me. He put his hand on the book pushing down making me look up at him.

"Please Y/n, just this once, I really need this..." He said looking at me with his dazzling eyes. I've haven't seen him like this in ages. I don't know why or how but I understood that I needed to do it this one time.

"Fine." I said plainly walking back to my desk. I saw George turn away, I felt bad and I was worried. "George... Are you alright?" I asked still worried looking up from my desk at him. He turned back towards me and smiled.

"Yeah, just because I'm nice to you one time doesn't mean I've been cursed or anything," he smirked at me and for once I laughed at him. Then I felt something in me, something warm and bright. "But thanks Y/n," he said I smiled and nodded at him, looked down and got back to reading through the book. "Oh! And Y/n," I looked up just as he was about to leave, "I'm sorry for everything I've done, with how I've acted towards you, and just everything in general." He smiled and waited for a response.

"No need for an apology, I understand completely," I said smiling and looking down once more as he left.

-

It'd been seven days since George left the castle and I've been stuck teaching his classes along with mine, it was almost impossible at times, I had to combine the classes several times and it was tiring. I was exhausted he said one day, and one class. Not seven days and every single class he had in a day, I was mad but probably because I was tired I was stuck writing my reports and his.
I was sound asleep on my desk I'm assuming I hadn't gone to sleep in a real bed in three days, so I got sleep wherever my body decided to give up. I was abruptly woken up by the slam of my office door and I jolted up grabbing my wand for protection.

"Oh god! My bad, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," George said as he walked over to me. I looked out the window and it was dark outside with just a hint of light, my guess is the sunrise had just ended.

"George!? What the actual bloody hell?? You left me teaching your classes along with mine! For seven days, not one not two but seven! I am tired and furious and... And!" I walked up to him giving him a glare and then I looked at his face and my expression softened, why do I always have to let him off easily? "Just... just don't do it again, you left for seven days after the first day that school was back in session, your first years didn't get to experience the love and fun you bring to the classroom in the first few days." I sighed turning away and heading to my room so I could get some proper sleep. I tried stepping away but I felt his hand grab my arm and pull me back towards him closely making me face him.

"Why do you do that? Get mad at me and then disregard every insult you say and apologize?" He said holding me in his arms. "I know the death of my brother was one of the hardest things for me to ever go through, but for people to treat me differently because they feel bad for me, that's just..." I looked up at him as he looked down away from me.

"George..." I looked at him putting my hand on his face making him look up at me, "Do you forget that I am a Hufflepuff," I said making him smile and laugh. I laughed along with him, but then he looked at me seriously. I looked at him and that feeling came to me again, I couldn't stop it. I felt his lips getting closer to mine, grazing over them. "George-" I said before he kissed my neck, and then looked up at me.

"I guess I liked being a little rude at times to show that I fancied you, it's stupid really, I don't know why I did it. But I do like you, I have for while now..." without hesitation he kissed me. My eyes widened but then closed instantly, my arms wrapped around his neck. It a,, made sense in that moment and I wanted nothing more than to stay with him right here. It was beautiful, warm, safe, and relaxed. Now I wonder we're our story will go.