21. Attraction

Aegon was a flirt but the main source of his attraction was Vaera.

Vaera thought it was adorable, Criston thought Aegon was... less so.

''So...'' Aegon smirked up at her.

''What Aegon?'' Vaera questioned confused as he tried to wink at her. Vaera couldnt help but laugh. ''What are you doing sweetie?'' Vaera chuckled.

''Could you and I make a baby?'' Aegon asked and vaera doubled over with laughter. ''I dont know how it works but I think I want you forever.' Aegon told her and sometimes this little terror was the cutest thing ever.

''You think you want me forever?'' Vaera countered.

''I mean I do.'' Aegon told her.

''Well you are a bit young to be deciding your future already. Wanting me for forever is a long. Long. Long time.'' Vaera told him slowly as she moved Caera to her crib. ''Come here handsome,'' she leading him back to his own bed. ''What are you doing out of bed anyways?'' Vaera asked bringing him back to his room.

''I wanted to see you Vaera.'' Aegon told her his lips pouting up at her. ''I miss you now that you are married and have a baby- two babies- you forgot about me but I love you.'' Aegon told her and vaera kissing his head.

''I love you too Aegon.'' Vaera assured. ''I'm sorry. I will try better to spend more time with you.'' Vaera assured as she tucked him in.

"Can you tell me a story?" Aegon asked. "Mother doesn't care about me like you do." Aegon remarked.

"I will gladly tell you a story-" Vaera looked to the door to see Helaena a little lady bug crawling on her finger.

"Look Vee." Helaena said tripping as her focus was on the bug and not where she was stepping. "I heard your voice-" Helaena was only two, Vaera had to do a lot of hard listening to figure out what she was saying between the gurgled words and babbles that were surely something to little helaena.  "-and I taught ouuu ight anna see him... he has spots." she hissed out the word with a giggle, Aegon rolled his eyes. Helaena loved bugs and all the little creepy crawly creatures. Vaera knelt before her.

"You are so gentle. I don't know where you get it from, your mother is not gentle at all. Not graceful either." Vaera added.

"I ouus?" Helaena asked and Vaera chuckled.

"Are you mine?" Vaera questioned. Helaena nodded. "No little one, but I love you more than Alicent does." Vaera assured.

"I'm going to marry Vaera one day." Aegon announced.

"I already have husband." Vaera reminded him.

"But you don't love him and you do love me." Aegon reminded her.

"That is..." Vaera chuckled, there was no getting it in Aegon's head that she loved Criston.  "I love you both... you want a story Hela?" Vaera asked putting her in the bed.

"Ug ory?''

"Umm..." Vaera thought about that and her lips twisted in contemplation. "Oh a bug story!" Vaera realized. Helaena nodded. "The itsy bitsy spider, moved up the waterspout... down came the rain and washed the spider out."

"Again!" Helaena declared.

" The itsy bitsy spider," Vaera moved her hands like a spider, making her fingers its legs "Climbed up the waterspout," she crawled her fingers up Aegon's back and he smiled over his shoulder at her. "Down came the rain and washed the spider out." Her fingers pitter pattered down his back, Aegon laughed into her. ''Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,' Vaera ran her fingers back up his back. "So the itsy-bitsy spider... Climbed up the spout again.' She repeated the song doing the motions over Helaena's back and shoulders.

"Good night my little loves..." Vaera whispered kissing their heads as she brought Helaena back to her room.

"Vae-ra." Helaena said sleepily as she leaned against Vaera's shoulder.

"Yeah love?' Vaera put her down in bed and pulled up the covers.

"I yvoe ouu." Helaena told her as she closed her eyes.

"I love you." Vaera echoed. She headed back to her room thoroughly tired but she heard Aemond crying.

"I'm so sorry princess. The babe wont settle." The handmaiden remarked.

"Let me see what I can do." Vaera remarked, Aemond stared up at her. "Hello little one. You just need a kiss goodnight, dont you honey." Vaera kissed his little face and a smile appeared on his little lips. 

"She is taking for everyones children." Criston remarked. "She is like the mother of all. It's sweet." 

"I'm glad, I was never good with them at this age." Viserys remarked. 

"You seem alright with Caera." Criston countered. 

"Thats because she is perfect like Vaera." Viserys agreed. 

"I think Vaera is hoping that Caera and Aemond or Aegon fall in love. I hope Aegon stops flirting with Vaera but I think thats a dream more than a reality." Criston remarked. Viserys laughed out. 

"You are good for my vaera." Viserys remarked. harwin was passing and it made him mad, made him furious. Rhaenyra felt the same. Vaera was perfect, the king approved of Criston. They needed an outlet.