PART SEVEN: THE SHINING

An hour later

Needless to say, it did not take Cillian long to convince you to stay and, even though you were a little nervous about it, you felt somewhat excited about spending the night with him, albeit in different bedrooms.

Cillian, on the other hand, seemed to be a little more content and calm than you about the situation and knew that, realistically, you lacked other suitable options.

You had nowhere else to go and, if you were to go back to your own apartment, you would have run the risk of James turning up there unannounced. You knew that he was dangerous and that, alone, gave you enough reason to spend the evening elsewhere, with a person you could trust.

In so far as the situation with James was concerned, over a period of an hour, Cillian also convinced you to go to the police and you had promised him to do exactly that on the following day, right after class.

It was a promise you knew Cillian would hold you to and you had no desire to beach his trust. You, too, knew that this was the most sensible option for you and you did not want to risk another bruised cheek or two if you failed to take this seriously.

After convincing you to go to the police, Cillian then ordered some pizza before jumping into the shower as well and settling down on the couch with you in order to watch a movie.

As expected, he kept his distance from you and, despite the fact that he did, you were still close enough to stare at him and his somewhat strange looking pyjamas.

His pyjamas comprised a t-shirt featuring bugs bunny and a pair of matching grey boxer shorts which appeared to be too short even for a man of his height.

"My son bought them for me for Christmas" Cillian ought to clarify and you smiled.

"I like them. They look pretty cool, especially with the big carrot covering your crotch. It's quite something" you teased, causing Cillian to laugh.

"Well, yeah...bugs bunny and his big carrot...what can I say..." Cillian joked and you both broke out in laughter just before your eyes caught on his legs which, too, were exposed.

They were masculine and strong, probably because of all the running you knew he was doing every day before school and, for some reason, seeing him like this. aroused you.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Cillian then eventually asked as if he was trying to divert your look from his legs to the TV screen.

"Yeah, a movie sounds good. What do you want to watch?" you asked with blushing cheeks. You could tell that he was noticing the way you had been looking at him and, clearly, that made him somewhat uncomfortable now.

"I don't know. What sort of genres do you like?" Cillian asked before reaching into the coffee table draw to retrieve a large blanket which, in the end, he used to cover his legs.

"Honestly? I love scary movies" you told him as you watched him hide his legs from your gaze.

"Scary how?" Cillian asked. "Like 'The Shining' scary or 'gory scary'?" he then wanted to know and you did not quite understand what he was talking about.

"What's the Shining?" you wanted to know and his chin immediately dropped.

"Seriously?" he asked. "Have you never seen 'The Shining'?" he was surprised and you reluctantly shook your head and stammered out a quiet "no".

"You are almost thirty, studying to become an actress, and never watched 'the Shining'...unbelievable..." Cillian then teased and you felt as though you should correct him. You had still not told him about your true age and felt rather guilty about it.