Part 22

YOUR POV

Over the next two weeks, you tried your best to get your life back in order and this started with speaking to the Dean of the school about your issues with James. You had this conversation twelve days ago, just before the commencement of the mid semester break and, of course, you did not mention the threat James made against you and Cillian to the principal of the school, but explained that, for the sake of your friendship with your fellow students, you needed James's record to be cleared.

Unfortunatly for you, the school's principal was not interested in what you had to say and referred you to your lecturer himself in order to address the issue at hand.

"Cillian's email address is active until the end of the term so I suggest you email him about the report" he thus said as, according to him, only Cillian could withdraw his report as this was the school board's policy.

"Well, thanks" you responded, essentially thanking the Dean for nothing before, indeed, making contact with Cillian via phone.

You texted him, telling him that you needed to talk about James and, unbeknownst to you, Cillian never read this text message which you sent him as Kit had secretly deleted it from his phone.

This was twelve days ago now and you had not heard from Cillian ever since, thinking that, just like an immature little boy, he was avoiding you at all cost.

***

Cillian avoided you by resigning from his position at the Gaity School of Acting and he also avoided you by having his friends Dermont and Connie bring Nina to her dance classes on Fridays and Saturdays.

As such, you knew that, following a two day court hearing, Cillian had finally received shared care for his daughter Nina, allowing him to see her every Thursday to Sunday and yet, not once, did he accompany Nina to her classes during those days.

On Thursday, Danielle would drop her off and Dermont or Connie would pick her up and take her to Cillian's house and then, on Fridays, they brought her back for her one-on-one session which, to you, was absurd.

On Saturday, they would do the same and it was on this very same Saturday evening that your life would change forever.

"I cannot believe that he hates my guts so much that he is not even going to show his face at his own daughter's dance classes?" you cursed once, making sure that only Connie could hear you while feeling rather unwell that particular day.

"He is in London actually, shooting a campaign and Nina is staying with us for two nights" Connie told you nicely but your emotions had gotten the better of you by this point.

"And how about the last however many lessons? Was he busy too?" you asked, seeing that Nina had five prior classes in the past twelve days during his days with her, preparing her for the finals in Cork in two weeks.

"To tell you the truth....no...he wasn't busy, but I think that he is hurt and you shouldn't take it personally Y/N" Connie explained but you simply shook your head, feeling like Cillian has been treating you unfairly, especially since Cillian never responded to your somewhat urgent text message about James.

In addition to that, you felt a little under the weather. Most days, you were nauseous and some days, you even felt lightheaded, the cause of which you believed to be all the stress factors in your life right now.

"How can I not take this personally?" you asked Connie before apologising to her. You had no intention to whine so much about your failed relationship in a place like this.

"I am sorry Connie, I shouldn't have put you in the middle of this. None of this is your fault. It's mine. I fucked up and now I need to concentrate on doing my job" you blubbered along while sweat was building on your forehead.