Part 25

Cillian's PoV (starting with a little backflash)

As soon as Dermont hung up on Cillian, Cillian jumped out of bed and got dressed. He told Kit that he had to get to the airport right away and, of course, that night, she wanted to know what was wrong.

"Did something happen with Nina?" she asked concerned but Cillian shook his head while throwing his clothes into his small carry-on suitcase.

"No. I mean yes..." he stammered while ensuring that he did not forget anything in the room, which included his tablet, wallet and travel documents.

"No? Yes?" Kit asked. "That's not an answer Cillian!" she then said before telling him that she was going to go to the airport with him, regardless of what happened.

"Y/N is in hospital. She had surgery and I need to see her" Cillian reluctantly explained after Kit would not relent and that, of course, made her sigh with frustration.

"Jesus" Kit spat, annoyed. "What's wrong with her?" she then asked, pretending to care but Cillian did not know as, by this point, Dermont had no idea why you collapsed.

***

The following morning and after having been denied visitation the night before, Cillian arrived at the hospital as early as possible, being 8 o'clock, the start of visitation hours.

At this time, Nina was still in bed, catching up on some well needed sleep while her aunt, Orla, looked after her.

Connie had dropped Nina back off at Cillian's apartment last night, after he had arrived back home just around 2 o'clock and, unsurprisingly, Nina was still awake and consumed with worry about you.

Nina was traumatised by what happened the day before, making her already increasing anxiety even worse.

Despite the fact that Connie had told Nina that you were doing fine now, she wanted to visit you and Cillian's response to this was "let's give her some space" without admitting to his daughter that he wanted to see you on his own first.

This was because, Cillian knew that, after what Connie had told him last night, he could not take Nina to hospital with him just yet. At least not until he spoke to you and ascertained how you were feeling. Connie had indicated to him that you may have had a miscarriage or experienced a pregnancy complication of some sort and this was something that surprised Cillian.

"There was a lot of blood Nina said and she was then transferred from the ER to the maternity ward" Connie told Cillian last night which caused his chin to drop.

"She was pregnant?" he asked with some shock and confusion as this was the first he had heard of it.

"I would say so, but I don't know" Connie explained before running her hands over Cillian's hands in a comforting way. "I am sorry Cill. I really am" she then told him, to which Cillian sighed.

"Fuck. I need to see her" he told her before attempting to do exactly that, without success. He was turned away by the hospital's security staff and was told to come back the following day which, of course, he did.

At hospital...

Thus, just ten minutes past eight and after making his way to the maternity ward, Cillian was shown to your room but, as soon as Emma saw him, she raced towards the door and prevented him from entering.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" she asked angrily after, just an hour ago, having read the article about him and Kit in the Irish Times. Clearly, he had moved on so there was no way she would allow him anywhere near you, she thought.

"I am entitled to see her, Emma!" Cillian thus told her sternly while trying to get to you, which is when Emma started to curse at him and allowed her hand to slip, leaving a red mark across his cheek.