Part 49

Warning: Miscarriage

PLEASE COMMENT AND ENGAGE!

The feeling soon intensified and quickly morphed into a full-blown contraction.

You clutched your stomach, gasping for air as your muscles contracted, squeezing your insides mercilessly.

You tried to remain calm, reassuring yourself that it was probably nothing.

But as the seconds ticked by, the pain worsened, becoming sharper and more relentless.

"I'm fine," you murmured to yourself, attempting to muster some inner strength. But it was useless. The pain gripped you harder, refusing to loosen its iron grip until, after what felt like an eternity, you felt something wet and warm in between your legs and, when you checked, you saw that it was blood.

"No, please, no," you whispered quietly, fear gripping your heart as you desperately searched for your phone, dialing your best friend's number as fast as you could. She was probably at work and not far from the apartment at which she still lived since you moved in with Cillian.

The phone rang endlessly, a haunting melody echoing through the silent apartment before it finally connected.

"Em, I think something is wrong with the baby," you said frantically, fighting to catch your breath. "I'm bleeding, something is not right," you told her, feeling faint and dizzy.

"I need help," you whispered urgently.

"Shit," she cursed under her breath nervously, quickly assuring you that she was on her way and, with that, you could hear her hang up the phone and start running.

You let out a sigh of relief, clutching your hand over your tummy, wishing the pain would subside.

Minutes felt like hours as you paced around the living room, checking every few seconds to see if anyone was outside the building.

Suddenly, you heard footsteps approaching the apartment.

Panic surged through you as you raced to the bathroom to check on the bleeding and it was not long until you heard Emma's voice.

"Hello?" Em called out tentatively from the hallway, her voice wavering slightly. "Are you in there?" she asked, knocking lightly on the bathroom door. You swallowed hard, willing yourself to gather the courage to answer.

"Hey, I'm in here," you managed to say through gritted teeth, straining against the intense pain just before Emma barged inside.

"Oh my God, Y/N," she exclaimed, her eyes widening in shock as she caught sight of the bloody mess on the floor.

"I think I'm losing the baby," you moaned weakly, grasping her arm, clinging on for dear life.

"Okay, hey, we're going to get through this," Emma said soothingly, leading you to sit on the edge of the bathtub. "I am going to call an ambulance," she informed you, reaching for her smartphone, already tapping the screen to place the call. Her voice remained steady, but her hands were visibly shaking.

"Don't worry, babe, everything is going to be alright," she muttered, reassuringly patting your shoulder as she held the phone to her ear. "They're on their way," she said, sounding relieved as she returned the phone to her pocket.

"Here, let me clean you up," she suggested, handing you a towel before gingerly wiping the blood from your thighs.

"You might wanna lie down," she advised, helping you onto the cold tiles of the bathroom floor before covering you with a thick blanket. "Stay with me, Y/N," she coaxed, placing a supportive hand on your shoulder.