Part 27

One week later

One week passed, and you finally left the hospital after missing work and school, putting you behind with the curriculum.

During this time, Emma was looking after you, calling in sick from work herself and even Nina visited you twice, once with Connie and once with Cillian, who politely waited outside.

Seeing him still bothered you, and you were not over the fact that he had slept with his assistant, who, you knew, had it out for him, and this did not make it easy on you. You were disgusted by the sheer thought of it, him pleasuring her the way he pleasured you.

You felt disgusted, and you wondered whether he enjoyed it. Did he want her? Was she better than you in bed? She was older, sure. But was she more experienced? The answer was probably yes.

After telling Emma about these thoughts, she told you to try and forget about him. Being an actor probably made him a player, and you may have dodged a bullet when he broke up with you.

"He is not worth your tears," she reminded you before embracing you. She had been your best friend for life, and you knew she was probably right.

You had to forget about Cillian, regardless of how hard it was or how much you were still in love with him. He was twice your age as well, and he was famous, both matters which could create much trouble for you in the future.

***

While trying to forget about Cillian, you spent most of the weekend catching up on reading the play Enda Walsh had given you to prepare for, and this play, too, reminded you of Cillian.

It was one of his own, called Disco Pigs, and you knew that this was Cillian's first ever on-stage performance after he had dropped out of law school when he was just 19 years old.

"Christ, why?" you cursed as you put the book aside for the night, and Emma, again, reminded you that this, too, would pass.

"Try not to think of him", she told you, but this was easier said than done as you missed him a lot and wondered whether he missed you too.

***

After a while, you got some sleep, and then, the following day, you went to school early to address your dispute with James.

James, however, tried to avoid you, and it wasn't until you asked him whether two could talk that he pulled you aside, and you had the chance to confront him.

"Save it. I won't say anything to anyone," James told you before you could say anything yourself. He was squirming, and his reaction surprised you.

"Great, but why the change of mind?" you asked, crossing your arms.

"Your boyfriend's lawyer sent me a letter, but I am sure you already know that," he told you, causing you to grin.

"No...well yes...maybe I did" You smirked while James shook his head in disbelief and told you he was embarrassed for you.

"I did see the article in the Irish Times, though," James thus pointed out, explaining that your lover was a player, and you simply fell for his charm like a silly young girl.

"We aren't together, James," you felt the need to point out, but James simply shrugged it off and disappeared into the crowds. He no longer cared, and you found out later that day that he was seeing an old friend of yours.

***

Following your day at drama school, you finally went to dance school to teach the evening class. A new teacher had run the course in your absence, but you knew you could still supervise your students and review their routines even though you were not allowed to perform. You had not healed yet and were instructed to wait at least two weeks before resuming any exercise.