24

"What's a funeral?" a small boy asked. He was about a year older than Fenix.

His older brother answered: 'A way to say goodbye,"

****

Fenix was sitting on a log and Scot was sitting next to her.

"I'm sorry," Scot said.

Fenix scrunched up her nose and looked at him. "Why? You've got nothing to apoligise for?" she asked.

The boy shrugged.

"I geus I feel sorry for not finding you," he muttered.

Fenix laughed a bit. She wasn't in topform but the water had helped a bit. Now from the moment a boy even couchs Pan makes sure they drink from the magic water.

He doesn't want another boy dying.

Felix hadn't let his sister out of sight.

What if she gets worse? Was one of the many questions running through his mind.

***

Some boys were carrying torches while 6 other boys carried the wrapped up body of Dibs best friend. He had been crying non-stop since realising that his friend wasn't coming back.

Pan was carrying him. He had tried to calm Dibs down but nothing really helped so he did the only thing he knew; helped the other boys. He hugged him close.

The sun was setting. They all walked through the forest. No yelling, no talking not even a whisper.

The only thing that could be heard was Dibs crying.

Even the forest was quiet as if it knew.

****

The body had been placed in the whole Pan digged himself.

There was a lingering silence. "Who wants to say something?" Pan asked. Everyone was silent.

Rufio took a step forward. "It's unfair what happened to you," he whispered. "You didn't deserve it but we hope you were happy with your last moments," He took a breath.

"On behalf of me and my friends we shall miss you," one of the toughest Lost boys was now having a tear linger down his cheek. Rufio the one whose nose got broken so many times in fights that nobody knows how it first looked was now crying. "I'm so sorry buddy" he whispered, a sob escaped his lips.

He looked down at the body of Wiggly. He didn't say anything and took a step back hiding behind his friends.

"I'm happy we were friends," another voice erupted this time it was Dibs.

"I'll miss you. You made me happier than I ever thought I could. You made me laugh so much my cheeks hurt by the end of it." He let out a chuckle and a sad smile was evenent on his face. "I love you," he said. Nobody knew in which way he meant it but everyone knew he meant it.

****

Plans were canceled, thorse were to. Everybody could do what they wanted but everyone hung out in groups and it was mostly silent. It was even still then when it was only Pan here.

Pan wasn't even at the camp right now.

"Why are you crying, Pete?" A voice broke Pan's train of thought.

"GO AWAY!" He yelled back.

He could feel a hand on his shoulder. "Didn't I tell you to away-?!" he covered his face ashamed that he had been crying.

Pan never liked people seeing him cry but even he knew he needed his husband right now. Felix finally felt like he could leave Fenix with Scot for a bit.

He didn't say anything. Felix sat down next to Pan and pulled the smaller boy into him.

Even when his shirt was soaked in tears he didn't stop hugging his beloved.

"It's alright," He was never the best at comforting someone but Pan calmed down nether the less.

"I don't know what to do anymore, Felix" The older one whispered.

"We'll figure it out. Peter Pan never fails," he reachured kissing Peters head.

"It will all be okay," he stated. "and I'll be with you every step of the way," he finishes.

Pan took a deep breath.

Felix picked Pan up as he started falling asleep. It was almost midnight and the couple off days had taken a toll on him.

*****

"Felix?" Scot had been looking around for him. Felix came back to camp after laying Pan down.

"Yes?" He answered.

"Fenix, she's getting worse," Scot said, concerned.

Felix sighed before letting Scot gide him to her.

He picked her sister up and forced her to drink some of the water before letting her sleep.

More of the boys who were hurt by dreamshade startend to get sick. Everyone had suspected that the magic was draining but most were sure now.

I'm gonna end it here. It isn't my best but I've been stuck in what to write for a while now and this is the best I could do rn. It will take a bit of time for me to update. At least a week bc I'm going on vacation. This is shorter then I wanted but I don't want to rush the story and the plot. How would you guys feel about two endings?