I can't give you up....but I have to..

"Baby they don't know about us."

I strummed the sweet lyrics to my guitar, which now almost felt natural, they've been ingrained in my memory since the day I wrote them. This song had a consistent run throughout it's melody, a rope that keeps it together, unfortunately for me I'm a reckless mess, and nothings attempting to keep me together. Although this song has me in tears every time, through countless memories, through many nights of convincing myself that I had to move on, I never did. I love the way her smile always crept out, and how it stretched from ear to ear, she was always happy.

The sun is creeping through the red velvet curtains, shining into my room that looks out into New York city. On very rare occasions are the boys and I are here in New York, since we all have houses in L.A, but I brought this one when I was dating Taylor because we were always on tour, we'd come straight back here, in fact our apartments are in the same building. Every now and then I come back here in hopes of seeing her walk out her door, I have a couple times.

I exhaled and placed my guitar in the corner of the room, as my steps neared the door my hands reached for my coat and scarf, slid on the coat and wrapped the scarf tightly around my neck, being prepared for New York weather is essential, you could turn into a ice block out there. I hear Niall's voice down the corridor, his footsteps stop, I turned back around and saw my band mate looking at me all confused.

Harry: What?

He steps closer to me, confused still written all over his face, from the years of being with him on tour, and sharing apartments, he's always the curious one so his actions right now don't surprise me.

Niall: Where are you going?

I let out a huge breath, I don't even know where I'm going myself. But I had to remove myself from this apartment that burnt with memories of Taylor, because they're not helping. As soon as you step through the door, her scent welcomes you, for me the window that you see straight when you walk in, where she stood looking out into the streets of New York,the sun glowing on her skin, looking like the rarest piece of treasure I've ever owned. I guess the real reason why I don't come here anymore is because it's a vivid reminder of something I lost, and knowing that I'll never get her back is the nightmare I have yet to wake from.

Harry: Somewhere.

He was going to speak but I was already out the door, My steps entered the elevator, This is the only elevator in the building, I smile to myself as I realise that Taylor walks in and out of this elevator every day, it's never really crossed my mind, but from the countless times I've seen a picture of her walking out those doors plastered all over the internet, I should have known. My apartment is on the 6th floor, there are 10 floors in this building. I press the ground level.

The elevator stops at level 4, this is where Taylor lives, something in me is hoping that I'll see her, but I know that's very rare. She's an extremely busy person, even before she'd have a mountain of places to be and things to do, I liked following her around, it was like us two against the world.

The elevator door opens, to my surprise I see him, Calvin. He gives me a friendly smile before walking in, he seemed to be holding someone's hand, then she appeared hand in hand with him. It had hurt me to hear Taylor moving on, especially because I wasn't ready to forget about her. She seemed to erase any trace of me after we broke up, I couldn't help feeling like she didn't want anything to do with me.