chapter 8

Lillian

I open the door of his mansion only to meet the darkness. Loneliness which was dominating in here. It was so dark outside so Avery drop me here from the hospital.

" You came " a harsh voice greeted me when I entered into the devil's mansion .

"Yes" I replied.

"Ho i thought you are staying there life long "

"Um ".

I don't understand what he was saying as I was so weak and sleepy, so I starts walking towards my bedroom. But suddenly I was thrown to the near by wall . I look at him , he was now fuming with anger. what's with him.

"Read it ". He throws a card on to my face .

I read it . It was an invitation for us from Ryder's family.

"How did they came to know about our marriage. Tell me! " he shouted at me.

"I..I don't kn..ow "

" you don't know wow ! What an answer miss Ray .You not even start your job but you know how to catch everyone's eye". he said mockingly.

"I didn't t..ell " tears formed in my eyes.

"You are indeed a great actress " he said

A pain formed in my wrist as because of his strong hold.

"It's hurting...you are hurting my hand " I said .

Then he apply more pressure.

"Let me go..."let me go...." please...l beg you...please what...why are you doing this.... l... l don't...." before i could complete...

"Enough!" He roar , then he slap at my face, then walk out from my room. Leaving me alone in that dark room.

I collapsed into the floor. Tear are coming out from my eyes.

"Why you hate me...!" i shouted at his retreated path .

"Why... why god.. why me... why my life is like this... god can you please sent someone for please.." I cried and cried. My eyelids start dropping and darkness welcomes me.

"Ma'am...Ma'am" a voice make me to open my eyes then I see a young man who was looking at me with a sweet smile.

"Ma'am you were sleeping in the floor when I entered here".

"Who are you " I asked him.

"Ma'am my name is victor and I'm working here".

" ma'am..

"You can call me lily and I am not your madam." His face shows a confusion." I am one among you " I said to him.

"But..."

"victor you came" I heard devil's voice. I turn to leave but stopped when I heard chris voice when he call me.

"Lily what happened. Why your eyes are swollen and red ". He ask me with concern.

"I think she overslept that's why her eyes are swollen Chris ". He said mockingly.

"But matt.."

"I am ok chris. Like he said I overslept". I said to chris but he shake his head like he doesn't believe what I had said.

"Chris, are you coming" he asked chris with anger. Chris nodded his head

Then he turned towards victor and said " tell Edward and David to come directly to my office when they come". With that he turned his heel but before he turn he look straight at me with that emerald eyes, our eyes meet a goosebumps formed in me when I meet at his eyes.