Side Story 1 (Related to main plot)

Sonic's POV:

He asked me what happened.

Only faded memories left in me. Some are too painful to stay clear.

I didn't answer. I stayed silent.

I don't remember other things in specific, really. I don't know how to complain anymore with only such little things remembered, sometimes I don't even know what the fuck is wrong with me.

But I do remember that time, Eggman attacks. Again.

"Sonic!"

People screamed for me. Again.

"We're save! Thank you Sonic!"

I'm being applause and praised, again.

I scratched my head and smiled and waved. Like usual.

"Ah, scars of achievement again?"

Finally, someone sees it.

"Yea, it hurt pretty bad, but I'm fine, I just nee-"

"Great, I'll see you at the party!"

Amy's birthday. Shoot, haven't got her any gifts yet.

"Hey, Tails, could you watch over these metal scraps? I gotta take a run to gifts shops or whatever."

"Sure!"

"Make sure they don't escape. See ya."

Was I worried? Yeah, of course I was worried.

Still, I believe in Tails.

Besides, Knuckles was there, so as the others.

Nothing to worry bout, I said to myself.

I got my gift, and I went back for the party.

Surprise surprise, they were caught kidnapped.

And again, I saved them.

The party continued, and Amy wasn't happy with her gift. Because I gave her flowers.

"I'm sorry," She gave me a look. "Look, I just saved the city, days ago I did that again, and before days ago I did that again. I think I'm exhausted, to attend this party, or to do whatever. I need time, for me."

"You're kinda selfish and inconsiderate, do you know that?"

That night I can't sleep.

I'm, annoyed.

Part of me was thinking, Tails was useless.

How could Amy call me selfish? When I just risk my life, sacrifice my time for some robot attack? Not to mention, I just save her.

Suddenly my mind is filled with- why am I keep doing this? When I could run around without a care.

It wasn't just my problem, everyone is responsible. Everyone should do something, instead of waiting for me.

Why am I the only one who can do it? Is it so hard to just keep an eye on something? I can do it, why not Tails, Knuckles or whoever it is?

Hero? More like a curse.

Or, maybe it was my problem. Maybe I'm really a selfish person. I am gifted. And, I should use my gifted ability to protect the others, right?

Maybe it's all my problem. How can I say Tails is useless?

Oh no, why did I think of that?

That's makes me worst as a friend.

I should have be thoughtful on gifts, since it's a birthday, Amy must be very disappointed so she said something wrong. But she is kinda right?