Fragments (P1)

"Commander, Miles," Shadow gave a nod at the frowning fox besides the desk. 

Tails flinched, after seeing who it was, he relaxed a little and smiled, "Shadow, good to see you."

Shadow nodded again and set his gaze at the man that was frowning as well, with eyes closed. Seconds later, the man sighed and spoke.

"Shadow, I was hoping you won't bringing me anymore bad news."

With the same expression, shadow answered, "Unfortunately, no progress still, from my side." 

"Commander," Tails raised his voice quickly as he stepped towards the commander's desk, "even though the sphere energy has disappear, there is still a way to trace it back it's origin." 

Shadow shifted his gaze to the tensed up fox. 

Seems like I don't even need to ask what the initial bad news is. 

The commander finally opened his eyes, sternly staring at Tails, "and what do you suggest?"

Tails clenched his fists, lowering his head to avoid commander's intimidating presence while stammering his thoughts, "If I, If I remember correctly, the scepter... yes, the scepter shared the same energy that Mephiles is using to create the sphere, it's like an input and output which could relate somehow..." 

"The scepter?" Tails words were cut by the commander question.

"Yes," Tails meet eyes with the commander, "correct, it was the scepter that was used to seal Mephiles with the purpose of-"

"What scepter in precise?" 

Shadow watched the nervous fox failed to properly arranging his words. He could not help but to think how can the commander stressed out Tails even though it is the G.U.N. who was asking for the kid's assistance. He voiced out to help the fox, "The Scepter of Darkness." 

"Yes!" Tails exclaimed, "correct, it has shattered after Shadow used it to seal Mephiles for the second time." 

Shadow crossed his arms with his eyes closed as he heard the statement.

"If the shattered pieces could be retrieved once again, I could work some magic on it," Tails was looking at Shadow when he stated this, same as the commander.

Shadow sighed quietly, had his head up waiting for commander's order. 

"It seems like the one who is responsible for the incident is only you Shadow," the commander stood up, he turned around to face toward the windows walls and stared at who knows what, "you know what to do. Gathered them up for Miles." 

"Understood." Shadow responded, before exiting the office. 

------------------

Author's note: I will recommend songs that I like at each chapter, no relation with stories.