Travelling (P4)

Author's note: I made big edits on Travelling (P3), please read that before starting this chapter.

--------

"No..." Shadow arrived with the help of Silver and Blaze, and that's what he saw.

Grey world's Sonic is not blue anymore, he turns grey like everything else in this world, the sky, the river, nothing is blue anymore. His blood is dark in colour, but no red.

Sonic disengage his chaos spear, turning his head and looked at the group.

"Actually Shadow, you're kinda useless." Sonic slowly spoke, "I don't know why Mephiles is so afraid of you, but you're inferior to me right now."

"Killing you, not killing you, you can't protect anyone."

"You're normal. Without 'Sonic the Hero', neither of you can stopped me." Sonic grinned, showing his signature smile, but this time is rather creepy, especially he was half drained in the other Sonic's blood.

"See ya."

Just like that, crazy Sonic disappeared within thin air.

Blaze quickly stepped over to check on grey Sonic's wound, "he's still have pulse!"

"I'll help," Silver performed his healing powers, even though it's a small effort, but maybe it could do something, he hoped.

Shadow stood there, one of his arm was holding onto the door frame, this is not the first time that he felt helpless.

His breathing tempo starting to become a mess, as he remembered some memories long before, a glass frame that blocked in between, he shouted so loud, yet he can't do anything to help or even to protect, but to look at the arc becoming smaller and smaller, harder to reach.

"He's gone," Blaze softly spoke.

These words almost feel like it made time stop. 

A frozen timeline was quiet as shit, now it felt like no one was breathing, no one made a sound, it's suffocating.

 Shadow had a hard time breathing, so he left the room. 

He headed for the river, where the water is still like a lake. 

He kneeled down and reach for a palmful of water, to water on his face, to wash away whatever he's trying to wash away. 

As he had the last pour, he caught something at the corner of his eye.

Blue.

That's the first thing in his mind. 

It was mists of blue, but they aren't diffused everywhere, instead, they are somehow guiding a way to somewhere upfront. 

Shadow stood up, holding questions, he followed the mists and went into the deep woods. 

As he stepped more further, the depths of woods is strangely Tails's lab. 

What?

----

"Tails, meet me by the river, I'm getting tired of the endless badniks, could you borrow me your Tornado for a big blast? Thanks!" The communication device on the sketching table ended with static voices.

Tails was at another table. He looked over at the clock and think to himself, Sonic can handle it. He wanted to use the time for the current invention. 

"Sorry Sonic, I guess you have to take this alone, I'm sure you can handle it." Tails reached over and replied, he wait for a while for response, but he gets nothing. He shrugged and off back to work. 

In the meantime, Shadow tried to called out the fox, but the fox can't seem to hear him. This made him slowly pieced up every questions ever since he followed into the mists. 

Is this... a memory? Of Sonic?