Lost (P1)

Shadow jumped awake from where he was laid on, he opened his eyes so wide and heavily gasping for air. The pain crawled up to his nerves that it made him lowly screamed.

It was the chaos energy started to eat up on him. Pain swarm wave by wave, hitting on his nerves rhythmically.

As an instinct, he crawled and tossed and turned to relieve some pain. Unfortunately, that wouldn't work.

He kept moving, so he fell down form the operating table, lying on the cold floor, knocking down a lot of things around him.

The door hastily swung opened by Tails, he quickly followed the noises and found Shadow struggling on the ground.

He didn't think much or say anything, just hurried himself to Shadow and grabbed the black hedgehog's wrist, then clutch a device onto it. Same with the other wrist.

Very soon, Shadow felt the pain had disappear like it never happened.

Tails buried his head into his writing board that he brought along and scribble something, he said, "these are made in a hurry."

Shadow heard him, but he had no strength to get up from the floor, he just stared into the ceiling lights, breathing for air.

"I thought, you would see me as an enemy," Shadow weakly spoke to the fox beside him.

Tails still focusing on scribbling don't know what, almost buried his head through his writing board, "I'm not stupid, for your information."

Shadow chuckled. He raised up both his wrists to looked at them, "Thank you. Now I have fashion options."

The scribbling stopped. Tails looked away from the board and his blue eyes meet Shadow's, "It is funny, but I'm more worried about what happened to Sonic."

...so and so.

Tails didn't budge the whole time Shadow's talking about Sonic. He just stood there, Shadow's voice is getting afar little by little. The ringing noises in his brain is too loud to focus.

Looking at that poor kid reaction after all the stories, Shadow couldn't helped but sighed, "I will fight against him, Tails."

Tails flinched. Slowly moved his head to look at Shadow.

"Anyone who tried to stop me, anyone," Shadow emphasized, "I won't mind for another enemy."

Shadow said before he closed the door.

The door made a soft noise, as Tails dropped himself to the floor. It's like his legs lost all the strength to stand.

He knew what Shadow meant.

Which side will you choose?

--------

Shadow got himself back to the place where he left Silver and Blaze.

The two of them did not expect to see Shadow, because the last time they spoke, Shadow told them to wait for signal. Which they never received one.

"What happened? New rings?" Silver walked near Shadow, noticing new devices on his wrists.

Shadow take a closer looked on the new device, a few sparks are cracking on the surface, "just for temporary. These prototypes wouldn't last long."

"So what happened?" Blazed rushed.

Been reminded again that what had happened was a fail attempt, Shadow sighed through his nose, "Sonic attacked and got away. We lost the scepter and the sphere."

After a few gasps, dead silence surround them, no one spoke anything in reply.

"I told Miles what had happened," Shadow was the first to break the silence.

"Will he believe a word coming from you?" Silver doubted.

Shadow scoffs at Silver, suddenly, the device on his left wrist made static noises, followed by a young voice.

"This is Miles, over."

The moment Tails clutch these things onto his wrists, he already made a choice. He just need a push.

Shadow replied something to the device, then turned over his head to looked at those two behind him, "Follow me to the lab. Keep up."

--------

"Shadow has a chaos emerald from the other timeline, do you know about this Mephiles?" Sonic scratched his head while frowning towards the familiar figure.

Mephiles stood beside a timehole, where Shadow fell in, looking at the dried brown blood stains.

But then Sonic shrugged, "Nah, unimportant, the only thing he can do is yell 'chaos control!' to the sky and change his phone's IP address." Sonic mimicked Shadow's hoarse voice and strike a pose, "oh wait, he doesn't have a phone."

Mephiles turned his head, "It was all the masters' plan, Sonic. He has it doesn't mean anything. The inevitable cannot be stopped."

"This timeline will lead itself to an end."

Sonic jumped up a tree and laid down on it's branch, "whatever you say, now that the emerald radar is destroyed, I'mma sleep. What's next tomorrow?"

Mephiles threw something at the hedgehog's direction, Sonic grabbed it when it almost hit his face.

"You'll know what to do."

Sonic hanging his eyelids half closed staring at the item that he's grabbing, slowly fell into deep thoughts.

He didn't even noticed Mephiles leaving, a wind blew, leaving the forest a quiet night.

-------
Author's note: This is the start of the third chapter-Lost. For those who read until this chapter, I want to thank you all for liking this story.