Fragments (P2)

Just as Shadow's right foot was out the doorway but not yet a step, a flash of blue dash through the hall and blocked Shadow's way. Face-to-face, Shadow immediately recognized these pair of eyes.

Cocky, that's what came first in his mind.

Tails must be bad at keeping his mouth shut, that's his second thought.

"Move." Shadow's eyes squint a little while he take back his yet-to-step right foot.

Sonic was grinning, like he always do, and still staring at Shadow's pairs of red, "How can you all left me out for the fun? I want to be part of the party, I'm a party guy, hellooooo? Reminders? The main character?"

Tails and the commander was in shock, "Sonic!"

He is not supposed to be here! Not to mention he also not supposed to know whatever G.U.N. was doing! Tails panicked, "Why...How did you know about this?"

Sonic lazily shoved away Shadow and chuckled, making Shadow clearing a way for him to enter the office, "Well, you were sleep talking," he scratched his head nervously, "and I got the info out from your unconscious self."

"Wha..?"

As the room went silent, Shadow felt like there's nothing to do with him anymore, so he decided to leave.

"Woah hold up Shadow," Sonic reached to his back and grabbed the same size hedgehog as him, "I want to go with you."

Shadow turn his head and looked at him, still maintaining his body facing the doorway, he had his voice lowered down and said, "This is not a game."

"Since when I treat everything as a game?" Sonic raised his left brow.

The commander felt only headache in this scenario, the involvement of the self-centered hero is not what he expected. However...

Guaranteed commitment from a hero could be useful.

"Ah, Sonic, I see you came to save the day again," A smile plastered on the commander's face, "the city just wouldn't last without you."

"See?" Sonic tilted his head towards the commander, eyeing Shadow, "The commander is siding me."

Shadow didn't say another word but only gave the commander a look.

This is ridiculous.

Commander walked towards Sonic and gave a pat on him, "I'm really appreciate your voluntary initiative, this really gave me one more helping hand, I'm sure Shadow wouldn't disagree, am I right?"

The fuck?

Shadow stood in silence, glaring at the commander, ignoring Sonic's big grin. Everyone is now looking at Shadow.

It's like shoving the decision towards him.

"Am I right?"

..."Affirmative."

Sonic's grin grew larger upon the black one's statement.

"Now we are partners in crime," Sonic reached over his arm over Shadow's shoulders, "don't you runaway without me."

The wink somehow sent shivers down Shadow's spine. Being annoyed, he pushed Sonic away and finally walked out the office.

----

"Heyyyy wait for me!"

Sigh. He stopped and turn around to grab on Sonic's forehead, "Your assist will be on my rules, understood?"

Sonic giggled, "No," He grabbed Shadow's wrist down, "rules don't apply to me."

He them pulled Shadow closer, "or are you into master-servant play? I could live with that."

...What is wrong with him?

"What is wrong with you?"

Shadow wished he was just hearing things.

Sonic laughed as he released his grip on Shadow's wrist and walked away, "Just kidding, just trying to relax you a little."

Only confused for a little while, Shadow gained back his focus, no time for jokes.

He catched up to Sonic and gave a knock on his head, "Stay focus."