Travelling (P2)

"Why?" Shadow watched the blue hedgehog struggled under his strength. This hedgehog here just threw him off cliff, he has so many questions and many urge to beat the shit up of Sonic.

Even so, the moment he saw his green eyes, the only thing he can think of is-he wanted to know why. He can't help but to think,

It's as if I'm desperate to let go of something.

A flashback of the other pair of eyes, that he last remembered at the cliff, overlapped when this current one opened his mouth to say something.

This made Shadow loosen his grip a little and went off his mind for a while.

"Shadow! I've been looking for you everywhere!" Sonic finally had the chance to spoke.

Shadow's mind was pulled back after, he took a good look at Sonic, from top to bottom, all were still the same. But compared to what he saw that night, he seems,

Different.

"Heeeyy... Silver? Blaze?" A confused look plastered on his face when he noticed there's other two friends stood behind Shadow looking shocked.

Blaze gave a nod, then she turned to Shadow and said "Shadow, I think you should let him go, first, then he can talk."

"And let him threw us all off a cliff, again?" Shadow slowly backed out.

Silver was also confused by the whole drama happening around, "What cliff?"

"I threw what- wait, what are you talking about?" Sonic ruffled his quills, "Ugh, that one can hold. But there is something important guys,"

Sonic straighten his back and look at those three, "Mephiles attacked again, I need help."

"We know." Shadow folded his arms.

"You knew? Then why aren't you there?" Sonic looked at him unbelievably, and then his expression is filled with suspicion, "Where have you been, faker?"

Shadow didn't respond. It's been a while since he heard that word.

"I'm asking you a question here, would you please cooperate for once?" Sonic tiredly brushed back his quills, "God damn it."

Shadow knew what he was implying, "I didn't work with Mephiles."

Almost immediately, "Then WHERE WERE YOU?"

Shadow sighed, "Calm down you idiot, don't you notice that you are in the future timeline?"

"Yeah, so? Wait," Sonic's expression keep changing like flipping pages, "How did I get here?"

"I assume you fell into the time hole as well." Blaze pointed out.

"Mephiles," Silver squeezed his eyes close, turning his head to the other side, "created them."

"Somehow he get the chances to put his separated senses into different dimensions," Shadow looked at Silver when he explained further, "And somehow, he managed to get those senses back together one by one."

"When one combines the other, a time hole would be created."

Silver flinched at Shadow's stare.

Shadow shifted his view back to the blue hedgehog that looked like he just heard chilli dogs doesn't exist, "I supposed, your timeline is different from any of us, I'm not the faker you're looking for."

Sonic froze, for quite a while.

"This is big." Sonic concluded with a blank stare at nothing.

"I know." Shadow tilted his head up, letting out a deep breath, "Give your chaos emerald to Silver, he can take us to your dimension."

Sonic gave a look to Shadow, he was surprised at how Shadow agree to help. Because, normally, he won't budge if it's not his business.

He reached to his quills and pulled out a white sparkling stone, it shone upon the evening light. Sonic remembered when he found this emerald, it was at an evening like this too.

"Thanks, other faker."

Shadow ignore his eye contact and took the emerald, "I'm only doing this to see what Mephiles is up to."

He was hoping to feel his power when he touch the white chaos emerald. He's gently holding the gem stone, trying to spur his chaos energy.

"Cough!" Unfortunately, other than the blood that was coughed out, and exclude that he almost kneeled from the pain, he felt

Nothing.

"Shadow!" Blaze panicked, "You can't force your energy, you'll implode yourself like a plastic bottle with nothing inside!"

Shadow side eyed the purple cat, and passed the gem stone to Silver.

"Here."

Blaze shook his head with eyes closed while her fingers pressed on her forehead.

Shadow stood alongside with Sonic after Silver grabbed the stone, seeing no action from the white hedgehog, he asked "What are you waiting for?"

"I need some time with Blaze to get ready for depart, royale issues."

Great.

Shadow nodded. They both left, leaving the other two in silence.

"What happened to you?" Sonic asked softly after some moments, at the tone that just both of them can hear.

Shadow wiped off the blood with his arm with no response, that's when Sonic noticed his inhibitors were gone.

"Your inhibitors..." Sonic stopped his words and think about what Blaze had said just now, "your chaos energy is gone?"

From his voice, shadow could feel Sonic's unease.

He's worrying too much.

He stood there silently for a few seconds, and said "Mephiles want me dead, he sees me as a the biggest threat to his 'backup plan'."

He had his red eyes fixed on Sonic's, "If I'm there, he's definitely gonna be very upset."

"I don't know what happened to your dimension's Shadow," Shadow slowly said, "but you have a backup now too, even without my powers, I'm still a handful."

The evening wind blew through the windows, birds are chirping in near distance, orange sunlight shimmering Shadow's red eyes, turning them to a pair of hazels. Less sharp and more warmth.

Sonic smiled, and then laugh.

"You are comforting me?"

"I can't have you messed up our fight."

"You are comforting me."

"..."

------------

Author's note: white chaos emerald symboled 'wish', in another words, it could mean hope.