Chapter 4

NICHOLAS ACCARDI

She looked like a scared kitten.
Who didn't know if her future owner would be nice to her or not.
But even though scared shitless, she was a sight to behold.
"White suits her." Nicholas thought.
"I wonder if it's her favourite colour or she hated it as much as I did...well, before I saw her in that dress." And suddenly Sienna starting coming down the stairs with careful steps and his thoughts changed. He started wondering if they'll have anything in common or nothing at all.
As far as he remember their first meet, they had so many things in common and Sienna was very approachable,
"because back then she didn't know who you were.... She didn't know the dark side of you." He reminded himself.

But the moment Sienna stood just few inches away from him, all of his thoughts vanished... As if there was nothing beyond her. He looked her up and down, twice. And that's when he noticed she wasn't even looking at him. She was looking at her hands, which were fidgeting with her rings on her other hand. Her brows puckered. Her body tensed.
It was hard for her...
Very, very hard for her.
And suddenly Nicholas started feeling guilty and a sudden sense of anger overwhelmed him.
So, he forced his eyes away from Sienna.
And looked at his father. Who looked at him and nodded his head.

"We should start the ceremony." Dante said to no one in particular but everyone nodded their head.
Except Sienna.

"Ofcourse, my lawyer is waiting outside... Let me just call him in." Javier said and walked outside to call the lawyer with wedding papers.

As soon as Javier was back with the lawyer, the lawyer took out the papers from his file and placed them on the table in the living room.
And he asked Nicholas to sign the papers first.

Nicholas went first and signed the papers within few seconds but he didn't went back to the place he was standing before. He was waiting for Sienna to stand beside him, he needed that to find the answer of a question he badly wanted.

As soon as Sienna heard her name being called by the lawyer, her body tensed very visibly, and everyone noticed it including Nicholas because his eyes were on Sienna's the whole time.
But the moment Sienna looked at Nicholas, which was also the first time today, by the way.
She looked at him, held her head high and walked straight to him.
This sudden change in her demeanor made Nicholas smile,
"That's my girl." Nicholas thought and stepped aside for Sienna to come and stand in front of the table to sign the papers.

As soon as Sienna stood beside Nicholas and picked the pen, her hands trembled slightly but her expression didn't show any fear.... it was more like a perfect mask, behind which she was trying to hide her fear of unknown.
Or rather
"fear of a future with me" Nicholas thought.
And in that moment Nicholas got his answer he was looking for.
"She's not wholly broken. There was still some sign of life in her. And that's enough for me." Nicholas thought.

The moment Sienna was done signing the wedding papers, Nicholas knew this was it. He was a married man now. And he had to make this marriage work, no matter what.
No matter how.
And
No matter what he has to do to convince Sienna that it was her new life now, and if she thought of giving up, Nicholas will lose an unannounced war, with himself.

Once both of them signed the papers, they were announced as husband and wife infront of their families.

"You two can exchange the rings now." Javier said and looked at Dante and Hugo, waiting for their answers.
"Yes, ofcourse." Dante said and Hugo only nodded looking at his daughter with pained expression.
In that moment Nicholas realised that if he ever had a daughter, he would like to choose death than seeing his daughter in a condition like this. And suddenly a thought struck him,
"It hasn't even been more than 5 seconds since I got married and I'm already imagining having a daughter. Jesus, Nick, have some fucking grip."
He scolded himself.
And then as if he felt someone's eyes on him, he looked in the direction of a pair of eyes, and saw Sienna's eyes looking at him carefully.
But the moment she noticed him looking at her, she looked down at her hands.
Before Nicholas could decipher that move of Sienna, his mother came and handed him the box, which contained Sienna's engagement ring.
Nicholas took the box from his mother's hand and gave her a small smile.
But before walking away from him, his mother whispered, "Be gentle."
Nicholas frowned but nodded.