Chapter 11

NICHOLAS ACCARDI

The moment Nicholas stepped inside the penthouse, he saw Sienna was standing at the living room balcony. 
"She was waiting for me?"
Nicholas thought and with careful steps walks towards Sienna.

Unlike today's morning, this time Nicholas made his presence feel. He was not even at the balcony when Sienna turned around and looked straight into his eyes. Her half face was illuminated by the moonlight.
It was a full moon.

Nicholas looked at the moon for a second, then stepped out on the balcony. He then looked at the view from the balcony. The street lights were bright, the high buildings were shining and cold wind was blowing. Everything was beautiful and calm but nothing could be compared to the woman standing beside him.

Only in this moment when Nicholas was standing next to Sienna without saying anything, he realised how calm aura she had.
Such a contrast to the life they were living.
Where their world was full of shouting, the voice of gunshots and fighting. Sienna was all about calmness.
Maybe that's why he felt comfortable in her silence too.
Nicholas was always a man, who loved talking. But for the first time he was enjoying himself in the silence.
And it didn't feel like as if he was witnessing this type of silence for the first time. He felt comfortable in this silence, in this calmness.

As if, it was not something strange for him.
This silence felt like coming home.
As if he might have just found his new home in  His Wife. In Sienna.

"How was your day?"
Sienna was the first one to break that soothing silence, but Nicholas didn't mind it because her voice was even more soothing.
"It was good."
Nicholas replied with a smile and then suddenly remembered something,
"How was your shopping? Did you get what you were looking for?"
Nicholas asked, praying that Sienna tells him what exactly happened.
"Umm, actually.... Yes. Yes I got it." Sienna said fumbling with her words.

"Why is she lying?" Nicholas thought but didn't said anything, he only nods his head in response.

"Do you want me to heat up your dinner?" Sienna asked, and her question pissed him off even more, "She didn't wait for me, again today?" He thought but then said,
"No, it's ok. I'm not hungry."
He says and gives her a fake smile and starts walking towards the stairs.

"Good night, Nicholas." He hear Sienna say and then he sigh heavily, "God, how could I walk away without saying good night to her?" Nicholas thought and then muttered a half hearted good night to Sienna.

The moment he entered his bedroom he realised so many things,
"Firstly, she was lying to me about those medicines. Then, she don't want to have dinner with me. And it's not like she's rude to me or anything but it's just that, she knows how to maintain her boundaries. She's keeping her distance, knowing well enough that we are still strangers, but here you are trying her to open up to you, within just 3 days of your marriage. Seriously, Nick? Give her some fucking space and do not expect anything so fast from her. She's been through hell."

Nicholas runs his both hands through his hair and sigh heavily. He sits down at the corner of his bed and says to himself, "She's been through tough times, she cannot trust anyone easily. Not even you. And just because you like her and care for her, that doesn't mean she will tell you about every small thing she does. She needs time, ok. She needs time....." Nicholas says to himself and then stops in the middle of the sentence realising what he said,
"like her? care for her?"
"Do i, really?"