Chapter 17

NICHOLAS ACCARDI 

She knows.

The first thought that entered his mind when he heard Sienna's question was, no matter how many excuses he come up with, his wife probably already knows what he did. 

The way her body tensed in his hold and the way she was not looking at his face when she asked the question, that says she already knows. 

And the reason she asked the question was because she just wants to know whether he'll give her the truth or not. 

He can't lie to her.

And he already knows that Sienna has been a part of this world since childhood. So, she is also aware how their world works. But the thing that he doesn't know is what will he tell her when she'll ask why he did that. And he knew he won't be able to lie to her even then. 

So, he simply sigh and after tightening his arms around Sienna, just in case she feels like walking away from him after hearing his reasoning, he tries to form a sentence that'll somehow make this whole situation look a little less horrible.

"Yes. I know who did it." Nicholas says and then notice Sienna's head turning upwards in his direction and then ever so slowly her eyes looks into his black ones. 

"Why?" Sienna asked, her voice sounding confident and within a second, Nicholas knew she already knows he did it. But what amused him was that his innocent wife didn't look fazed by the fact that her husband just cut someone's tongue and took his eye out. And that behavior of hers surprised him. So, Nicholas held her eyes and answered with full determination as if to make her feel what he felt when he saw her feeling uncomfortable because of a man.

"Because he made you uncomfortable. He looked at you the wrong way, he talked about you the wrong way. And he should pay for his sins." 

"You're not the god to decide who should pay for their sin in which way. it is his job." Sienna said firmly but Nicholas noticed something in her eyes, they were shining. As if she felt proud of him for what he did. And in that moment he realized that maybe his innocent wife was not that innocent. 

"Maybe i'm not the god of the whole universe and maybe i'm not that good either to be a god. But God is not the only one who has the right to punish fiends. And Sienna, this is my kingdom. And the people here, they worship me. So, if anyone even looks at my woman the wrong way, i won't mind to change my personality with the devil, just for a few minutes." Nicholas says confidently, showing his unhinged side to his wife for the first time. 

And if he can guess by the looks on Sienna's face, she didn't mind seeing his unhinged side. 

"Will you do it again?" Sienna asks Nicholas with a questioning look, which he couldn't decipher.

"Absolutely." Nicholas replies with an innocent look, trying to hide his piercing eyes the moment he imagined someone committing the same mistake as the senator.

"I never imagined you'll have this side too." Sienna said with a small smile. Looking almost amused.

"Does it bother you?" Nicholas asked knowing damn well, that even if he wants to hide his unhinged side, it will eventually show up in front of his wife.