Chapter 12

SIENNA PEREZ

"Well yes. I am possessive for my wife, and I have every right to be."
Nicholas said those words with such rudeness, Sienna couldn't believe he was the same Nicholas, who was her husband. Because with her, he was totally different. Always a gentleman, always smiling, always caring for her and always trying to make her comfort, as much as possible. But this site, this tone in which Nicholas said that he had every right to be possessive, that didn't feel scary to Sienna, infact it felt, intimate. It felt possessive but in a good way. Sienna felt safe, hearing those words. She didn't even know if she should feel safe, but nevertheless she did.

And even when Sienna and Nicholas were talking to some of Nicholas's business associates, Sienna's mind was drifting back to his words, his compliment when he saw her. That look on his face, Sienna couldn't forget it. Sienna understood that look very well, because she has seen Nicholas look at her the same way before. And she liked it even then as well. But now, she was liking it even more, but at the same time it made her feel so many complicated emotions. And so many complicated thoughts were running in her head, when suddenly her chain of thoughts were interrupted by a question.
"So, how did you two fell in love?" The question came from a woman who was the wife of a senator. And the question was directed towards Sienna.
Sienna could see the excitement in her eyes as well as in her voice. Sienna looked around the table on which they were sitting. Nicholas's parents were there, Anna and Kai were also there and Kai's parents and a few more politician were there with there wives or dates. And now, all of a sudden all the eyes turned to Sienna. Sienna put on a fake big smile, which she was doing the whole evening and looked at Nicholas. She smiled again and said, "You know, Nicholas is actually very great at telling that story. You should hear it from him."
Sienna said and then looked at Nicholas with expecting eyes and a big fake smile.
"Right, Nicholas?" Sienna said still looking at him.

"Ofcourse, Baby."
Baby, Yes! That's what Nicholas was calling Sienna since the event started and even though he might have called her that a dozen times, by now. But every single time, it made her feel different things. Her heart picked speed whenever she heard Nicholas call her baby and her cheeks flushed.
Nicholas smiled once again and then addressed everyone on the table.

"We met in Spain, At Sienna's hometown. At a club....." Nicholas started the story and Sienna's breath hitched, "He's not telling the real story, is he?" Sienna questioned herself but he she had no option other than to listen to Nicholas's story to find out what was going inside hie head.

"She was wearing a purple dress." Nicholas said and laughed, and everyone else joined in, making Sienna blush. "She loves purple. So, ofcourse it was quite easy to see a girl wearing purple in a crowd of whites, because that was the theme of the party. But she had other plans..." Sienna noticed Nicholas looking at her with a charming smile, which made her heart melt. "I approached her, we talked and then our vibes matched....."
So far everything that Nicholas said was true, they met in this exact order.

"And then she offered to be my guide for the next 3 days, when I was in Spain. And how could I say no to such a beautiful woman. So, she helped me explore her city and the best part about those 3 days was, she didn't even know who I was."

This was a made up part.
Sienna never offered Nicholas to be his guide, infact they didn't even meet after that night. But the way Nicholas was telling the story and everyone on the table was ready to believe him, she didn't mind the lies.

"And it felt good, to be treated like a normal person. So, then I realised that to keep myself sane, I need someone who can treat me just like a normal human being and not like a future king." Sienna noticed Nicholas gaze towards her and she involuntarily smiled. She didn't even know she was smiling. But then all of a sudden her smile dropped. The moment she felt a sudden pain in her abdomen. It was not that strong so she immediately ignored it and focused back on maintaining a mask of politeness and confidence on her face, along with her fake smile.