Chapter 41

NICHOLAS ACCARDI

"I need space!" 

That's what Sienna said one hour ago when Nicholas told her that her kidnappers are still alive.

No questions asked, nothing else said just three words and these three words has left Nicholas helpless since the moment he heard them.

Nicholas wanted Sienna to ask him questions because he was ready to answer them. Nicholas wanted Sienna to say something, anything but all he got was nothing in return. A total silence. 

And he didn't like it, not one bit. 

He remembered the last time when there was misunderstanding between them and how Sienna came to conclusion on her own and accused him. Nicholas was angry about it last time but this time he wished Sienna would've accused him because then they were talking right now and he would've been able to explain himself, but now when Sienna didn't accuse him and didn't even ask him the needed questions, these things were making him breathless by every passing second.  

And right this moment he was cursing himself for hiding the truth from his wife and not ending the life of those fuckers by his bare hands. 

But ... he had his own reasons for not doing what he wanted to do to Sienna's kidnappers. And right now he was just wishing that Sienna gave him one last chance to explain why he did what he did. 

So, here he was in the study of his penthouse waiting for his wife to break her silence and gave him the benefit of doubt.

Out of nowhere he heard the voice of someone's footsteps walking closer to where he was.

As if suddenly summoned by his thoughts, there stood his wife at the entrance of the study room, barefoot and wearing one of his hoodies. 

As soon as she noticed Nicholas looking at her with careful expressions, she lightly smiled in his direction and started walking closer to him. 

He was about to stand up from his chair by the table but Sienna softly shook her head and Nicholas stayed rooted to that chair as if his life depended on his wife's likes and dislikes. But where was the lie though. 

Sienna came and stood in front of him and Nicholas looked up at her with the same careful eyes and noticed Sienna taking a deep breath. And then she did something totally unexpected. 

She just quietly sat down on his lap, sideways and made herself comfortable by wrapping her arms around his neck and looked into his eyes with a soft smile. 

"Why do you look so shocked? Were you expecting me to slap you?" Sienna asked softly.

"If slapping me makes you feel better than slap me." Nicholas said without any hesitation and without breaking the eye contact.

Sienna's smile just got bigger after listening to what her husband just said and she replied, "Seems like sitting in your lap and being in your arms helps me feel better. Can i do that?

"You don't have to ask." Nicholas said and wrapped his big veiny arms around his wife's soft feminine figure and pulled her closer so that her head was resting on his chest, while his chin rested on top of her head.