Chapter 16

NICHOLAS ACCARDI

Sienna was testing his patience.
Since the moment her bestfriend walked in, she was testing his patience.
Everything was testing his patience.
His company, his employees, his laptop, his mind, his thoughts and now the damn clock on the library wall.

If had only been 30 minutes since he came back inside the library after making coffee for Sienna and her friend and now the damn clock was also testing his patience.
"Why is it moving so slow?"
Nicholas questioned himself irritated by the whole world.
Because for once he thought everything was going smooth, Sienna was talking more than two words, she was coming back to her usual self after his confession but no.
Penelope has to come and ruin everything.
He wanted to spend the whole day with her, only with her.
Doing nothing but still that nothing felt like the most important thing with her.

"God, how selfish I've become?"
Nicholas muttered while brushing his hand through his hairs.

"She was so happy to see her, how could I be this selfish? Damn it." Nicholas muttered frustrated with his silly behavior. 

But how could anyone expect him to not be selfish, when Sienna was concerned. After all, it was his first time having a wife. He smiled when he remembered his earlier confession. Even he didn't know how the words came out of his mouth and how he formed those words but the moment he said those words, then he realized what he has said. 

Because, just one day before he was confused whether it was just his caring nature or something more. The same something more that he felt almost one and a half month ago. When the first time he saw her. But he definitely got the hint last night. He wasn't someone who got angry easily, but last night he felt something feral, a sudden urge to kill. It was only because he didn't have enough time, otherwise that senator wouldn't have been alive till now. 

"I just wish, Sienna don't get to know about it." Nicholas said looking at the ceiling above him.

He was still busy in his deep thoughts, when he heard Sienna's voice. And a big smile pulled on his face, hearing his name from Sienna's lips. Till now, so many times he have told her to call him by his nickname, but he still loved it when Sienna called him by his full name. 

And without wasting any moment he went out of the library, towards Sienna.

 The moment he stepped in the living room, he noticed Sienna and Penelope standing near the main door of their penthouse. 

"Finally she's going." Nicholas thought and made his way towards them.

"There he is." Penelope said as soon as Nicholas stood beside Sienna. 

"Well, i just wanted to say my bye, Mr. Accardi." Penelope said with a polite tone and suddenly her tone changed, "And next time when i'll visit her, if i see Sienna even in a bad mood, i'll make sure to ruin your and your whole country's mood for the rest of their life. Till the next time, Your Royal Highness." Penelope said, saluting Nicholas with her retrieving steps. 

As soon as the door closed behind her, Sienna turned to Nicholas with worried expressions.

"She didn't mean it, really. she's just overprotective of me, That's all." Sienna said hurriedly, trying to cover up her best friend's behavior.