Chapter 18

「my pov」
I walked out of the room and into the main lobby where I saw Yukio last. He wasn't there so I thought he would be in his room. I knocked and peeked my head inside. I found him laying on his bed reading, he looked up. "Rin's done cooking if you're hungry," I said. "Okay thanks, I'll be right out," he said sitting up from his bed. I silently shut his door and my stomach let out a growl. Rin and I skipped lunch so we were probably both super hungry. I entered and found Rin already finished presenting the dishes. My eyes widened when I saw all the food he cooked. There was so many different types of food. Yukio soon walked in behind me. We both grabbed plates and Rin started to help us with putting food on the plates. Yukio and I sat on different sides of the table, facing each other. I looked down at the mountain of food. "Well dig in, I wanna see how you like it," Rin said smiling. I picked up my chopsticks, I looked across to Yukio, who already started to eat. I grabbed fish and some rice and some of this mixture of vegetables and heavy sauce. Right when I put it in my mouth, I knew Rin was right. "mmmm.. I hate to tell you this.. But you were right," I said nodding my head while stuffing my face. Rin laughed a little and smiled. "I knew you'd like it," he said nodding. He waited till Yukio and I finished until he would eat, he insisted it was the right thing. So after I finished, Yukio and I started a stack of dishes on the bar. I waited while Rin started to eat. After he was half way done I broke the silence, "Thanks for the meal," I said watching him eat quickly. He stopped for a split second and nodded. "You're.. welcome," he said mumbling with a full mouth. I laughed a little.

After he finished, he helped me gather all the dishes while I turned on the sink water. I started to scrub the greasy plates, because this was the least I could do. I soaked them in soapy water and then put soap on them as I used a sponge to clean them all. Rin dried off the dishes and put them away. I was smiling to myself while doing this. I thought it was cute. After we finished it was almost time for me to go to bed. I yawned and rubbed my right eye with the heel of my hand. "You tired?" Rin said looking at me. I nodded. "Well I'll let you go to sleep, see you tomorrow," he said as his tail dragged behind him as he went to his room. That's when I decided to go to bed too. "Goodnight Rin," I said but he was already gone.

I went to my room and changed into different clothes and also grabbing headphones so I could listen to music. I sat looking up at my ceiling and I really wanted Rin to sleep next to me, it just felt more comfortable with him next to me. But he probably wanted a break so I just shrugged and went to bed.
----The next day----
"Pssst.. Hey wake up we still have class.." someone said, while poking my leg. I immediately opened my eyes and saw I overslept. "OH MY GOSH I HAVE TO GET READY!" I yelled while flinging out of bed, leaving Rin sitting on my bed. I sprung up and straightened my hair with my hairbrush, then threw on some makeup. I ran in front of my closet which was where my uniforms were. I grabbed one and turned around. Rin was staring at me with wide eyes. "Ehm..can you..Ya know.. Turn around?" I stumbled. Rin shrugged his shoulders and turned around, facing the wall. Right when I saw he couldn't see me, I flung on my uniform. After a minute I had half of it on, but I was already late as it is. "Whatever, screw this.. Let's go Rin," I said running out the door. "Hey wait up I have your phone, you forgot it!" Rin said yelling behind me. Meanwhile I was buttoning up my shirt. "Er..hold on," I said flinging on my school shirt or coat thing. I just had to wrap my tie around my neck without tying it. "Did you eat?!" I said pretty quickly, while grabbing Rin so that we could make it to class. "Yeah, did you?" He said while we were both running. "No! I can just grab an.. Apple or something!" I said in between breaths. "Why did.. You wait.. For me?" I said deep-breathing. "Because I kinda care!" He said. I looked back and smiled. "Ha, thanks I owe you!" I said turning back to look forward. Luckily we both got to the school by the time the bell rang. "Well I'll catch up with you later," I said walking into the big building. "Yeah, hey wait! At lunch, meet me under the big tree that's in the academy park!" He said pretty quickly. "Huh yeah okay.. I'll see you then!" I yelled back. That was the last thing I said to him before lunch.

After a few classes, the lunch bell rang. I hurriedly walked to the place Rin told me to meet him at. I saw him holding a plastic bag and he was leaning against the tree with one leg over the other. "Hey Rin!" I yelled while running to him. He looked at me and smiled while I was running over there. "Uh what's that?" I asked pointing at the bag. "Oh yeah this," he said while sitting on the grass with it. I followed and sat next to him on the grass. "it's our lunch," he said smiling. I smiled back, "well thanks," I said while he pulled out containers. "Oh shoot.. I might've forgot to bring plates?" He said scrummaging through the bag. "Looks like we are gonna have to share.." he said as he handed me a pair of chopsticks. I shrugged and smiled, "well, that's okay," as I positioned the chopsticks in my hand. "These are really just leftovers but I didn't want to eat alone.." he said with a nervous laugh. I laughed a little too, "it's still better than any other restaurant could ever serve," I said, quoting him from yesterday. "ha, yeah," he said taking off the tops of the food containers. I nodded as I grabbed some rice and fish.
Rin was talking about something that happened in class that he found funny, and then it reminded me of the time when we basically flooded the laundry room. We were both laughing at the old memories, I would tilt my head back a little to laugh. After a while we both finished and put the empty containers back into the bag. We still had some time after that so we just rested against the tree, next to each other. Our hands were only a few centimeters from each other.

A casual breeze would rustle the leaves and overall the park was really quiet. I was thinking about what homework I could've forgot to do for the next classes coming up, until I felt something cold grab my hand. I looked down in shock, it was Rin's pale hand, in my own pale hand. I gripped his hand back, looking back up to see his reaction. He was smiling a little, tilting his head down to see me. I smiled a little too and continued to step up by leaning on him. I could feel his breathing, it was pretty perfect until the school bell went off. I sighed because I was happy by sitting there. Rin reached under my arms, to pull me up. I turned around and started to walk backwards a little, "Well I'll see you soon," I said smiling. He smirked a little, "Okay, see you then," he said grabbing the plastic bag. I turned around and started to walk to my next class, while thinking about what just happened. The overthinking caused my cheeks to start to burn.