Chapter Fourteen - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Matteo has Emma wrapped in his arms as they lay silently in her bed, he could feel the shift in the air. He wanted so badly to read her thoughts, but he gave himself one rule. Never go into people's minds without their permission. It might seem like a silly rule to most, but he felt like this kept him from turning out like his father. He leans down to kiss her on the forehead "It's time" he tells her, those light green eyes look up at him. His breath caught in his throat, the look she was giving him was utterly stunning. He would never understand how he ended up here with her. "Okay" she sighs sitting up to put her boots on.

Matteo didn't like this, he wanted to go with them. He practically begged to go with her but she refused. It's not that she didn't want him there because she desperately did. She was unsure of what she was about to walk into with Dumbledore and Harry. The uncertainty kept her from letting Matteo go, she would never forgive herself if something happened to him.

He stands grabbing her and pulling her into his arms. "Please be careful." his voice barely above a whisper.

"I'll be with Dumbledore." she states in reassurance.

"Yeah that means shit to me." She could feel his body tensing up. He pulls back from their embrace meeting her gaze. "Make it back to me in one piece." his voice full of concern.

"I'm not going off to battle Matty!" She tries to make light of the situation but he was being very grumpy.

They walk towards the astronomy tower where Harry and Emma are to meet up with Dumbledore. When they arrive Matteo's lips meet Emma's in a searing kiss that leaves her breathless. "I love you" he tells her their foreheads leaning against one another. "I love you too" she tells him. They don't let go of each others hand until space forces them to let go, he watches her vanishes behind the door leading to the astronomy tower.

Emma finds Harry on the stairs listening into Snape and Dumbledore's conversation, she gives him an annoyed look when he holds his finger up to his lip telling her to be quite. "I will not negotiate with you, Severus. You agreed. Nothing more to discuss." Dumbledore orders. Snape whips his flowing robes as he turns walking away from Dumbledore and straight towards the twins. He suddenly stops on the stairs when he sees them, staring at Emma for a few heartbeats before rushing down the stairs. She never understood why he would stop and stare at her, it was a bit unnerving, but the man was rather strange.

The twins make their way up the stairs, Emma was a bundle of nervous energy the closer they got to the top. Dumbledore turns around to see the twins "Oh, Potters" he says in way of greeting. "You know, at times I forget how much the both of you've grown. At times, I still see the small twins from the cupboard. Forgive my mawkishness. I'm an old man."

Emma could feel a shift, her gut screaming at her that something was off, if only she could understand this feeling. "You still look the same to me, sir." Harry tells him as he chuckles at the boy. "Just like your mother, you're unfailingly kind. A trait people never fail to undervalue, I'm afraid." Dumbledore turns to look out to the picturesque view from the astronomy tower.

Emma couldn't help her thoughts from wandering when she thought of the countless times she has spent up here clothed and not clothed with Matteo. A blush creeps up her cheeks at the memories. Dumbledore's voice breaking her out of her dirty mind. "The place to which we journey tonight is extremely dangerous. I promised you could accompany me, and I stand by that promise." Emma and Harry make their closer to Dumbledore as he looks at the two of them, his brows creased in seriousness. "But there is one condition. You must obey every command I give you, without question." he demands.

"Yes, sir." They say in unison.

"You do understand what I'm saying? Should I tell you to hide, you hide. Should I tell you to run, you run. Should I tell you to abandon me and save yourself. You must do so." he tells them both.