2: A Marriage Offer Or A Threat

Hi there lovelies here's an update. Please 🙏🙏🙏🙏 I would appreciate if you could comment, so I can know what you think of my story and where I need improvement.
*******************************************

"A letter, what does it say?" Han Liang asked.

"The emperor of Feng wants to have a diplomatic marriage with a specific member of the royal family of Han".

Han Liang could not help but frown, with Han's current situation, Feng did not need to have a diplomatic marriage with them, the current offer seemed too good to be true, so good that it was suspicious.

"Who did they specify? Seventh princess is already engaged and the rest are still children".

Han Fang frowned, he seemed hesitant to speak "The person Feng is requesting a diplomatic marriage with is not any of the princess's, it's you Liang'er".

Han Liang was stunned at first, then his first line of thought was "impossible".

Han Liang was a "Ger", they were a rather small gender and very rare. Ger's looked no different from normal males except for the fact that they possessed a uterus and could conceive a child.

The appearance of the first male pregnancy, was met with scorn and fear, the male was regarded as a curse and stoned to death along with his unborn child.

Even more brutal actions carried out against ger's have been recorded in history books, it was only later that laws protecting this new gender were later enacted, but many people still discriminated against them, regarding them as curses, demons and monsters.

Many mother's still abandoned their children it they were ger's and only few people would choose to marry them willingly, having a social status that was below women, many of them could only find works as prostitutes, which only served to downgrade their gender status even more.

Feng was a very superstitious empire, they were totally unwelcoming of the new gender, in Feng they were painted as curses, that they had committed evil actions in their past lives, that is why in this life they were punished with the ability of birthing children, they were very debauched knowing only how to serve men and using thier bodies for pleasure.

This was mostly not untrue because of their low social status and discrimination, they could only find works as prostitutes and since they were mostly born with stunning beauty, so in most books in Feng and other countries they were usually painted in books as demons with huge stomachs or as fox spirits wrapped around many men.

Han Liang's current life was only this good because he was loved and favoured by the king, so Han Liang's thought of impossible was not baseless, born in a gender that was mostly painted and defamed maliciously, the ministers would severely oppose this marriage that would cause Feng to lose face and would probably cause ire among the people.

"Do you want me to go father?" Han Liang asked.

Han Fang sighed, the life of a king was always filled with tough choices.

"As a father I would never want you to marry a man who killed your brother and who is rumored for being a cruel tyrant, who is blood thirsty and mad, but as a king I would do everything to protect my people and I am a king before a father".

"Father has made the right choice, Feng has given us no choice for refusal, this is more of a threat than marriage request". Han Liang stated calmly as though he wasn't the tool for negotiating.

"I am sorry Liang'er that I disappointed you, on your mother's death bed, I promised her that I would do my best to protect and make you happy".

Han Fang said weakly his eyes red on remembering his late queen, any other person would be shocked to see the king's current state, he had never revealed such weak helplessness before.