27

Kara's pov:

I went back to CatCo for work. The elevator doors open and i was met with a woman i didn't know.

"Hi, you must be Kara. I'm Siobhan Smythe. Cat's assistant." She introduced.

"Cat's.. I'm Cat's assistant." I said confused. Was i fired?

"I know. She hired me to help you at your job." She said with a smug look.

I don't know who this woman is but she's already getting on my nerves.

"And i just want you to know that i did all your work for your while you were gone. I mean someone has too." She said.

"I know i just met you, but you are already getting on my nerves." I said making her scoff.

"I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to be the next Cat Grant. I say 4 months at this desk, tops, before I'm a junior reporter. Get some on air experience, make a name for myself. Once everyone know me, I'll build my brand. Diversify. In 10 years, people will be drying themselves using towels from my luxury home collection. And you? You'll be booking my waxing appointments." She said.

"We'll see which one of us gets to stay." I said exhaling. Rao this woman, i swear.

-Timeskip-

I got to the DEO wanting to ask my mother's hologram about myriad.

"Hello, Kara. How may i be of assistance?" She said.

"Today i met one of the prisoners you sentenced to Fort Rozz. But he was different. He didn't hate me or you. I think both of us helped him, in a weird way. And that made me feel close to you again. And i just wanted you to know that." I said to the hologram of her.

No response.

"Anyway, uh, i also have a question about Astra and Non. He mentioned something the other day. Myriad?" I said

"Warning. This construct is not authorized to discuss Myriad." She replied.

"I don't understand. What is it? What is Myriad?" I asked and the alarms went off and the building started shaking.

"Warning. Continued questioning about Myriad will result in this AI's self destruction." She said.

The shaking and the alarms was stopped by J'onn. My mother's hologram then disappeared.

J'onn sighed. "What could be so terrible that even a hologram won't discuss it?" He asked.

"Seeing that hologram used to remind me of my mom. And now all i can think of is Astra. And how you killed her." I faced J'onn.

"I'm sorry. I wish there was another way." He said.

"There's always another way. I need space." I said about to leave the room.

"Sure. Take some time off." He said making me stop on my tracks.

"No, that's not what i mean. I don't know how to work alongside you anymore. Maybe one day that will be different, but today it's not." I then left.

_______

A little short chapter.

Anyways.. look at these pics of Katie in i think it's a shark onesie.

 look at these pics of Katie in i think it's a shark onesie

I will have Lena in this story

Katie's so cute in the shark onesie 😭