30

Kara's pov:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I tried to turn it off only causing me to break it. I got up and brushed my teeth while looking for something to wear.

I looked at my outfit feeling i needed to change it. So i did a little clothes shopping and went to work.

The elevator door opened and i left the elevator to get my work started. But this time i didn't know why i felt so confident.

I walked up to my desk placing down my things and noticed Siobhan looking. "What? I was getting tired of my old clothes." I said.

"Yeah, we all were." She said. Cat then walked in.

"Ker-ah, look at you dressed like an adult. That's promising." I placed down the files for Cat, which she took. "So, i demanded a list of replacement for Lucy Lane, like, yesterday."

Siobhan stood up to give her the list but i beat her to it. "Ah, here you are. Already checked all their references and ranked them according to who you'll find least annoying." I gave Cat her list.

"Oh, any Republicans?" She asked.

"Two reformed." I responded and placed my hands on both my hips.

"Excellent. Oh, and look at that. A reward. Somebody gifted me tickets for Club Apocalypse for Friday night to see a Scandinavian DJ whose name I won't even try to pronounce." She gave me the tickets. Just then i heard familiar footsteps and saw Y/n.

For a second all my confidence went down but went back up. "Thank you. I'll put them to good use." Siobhan then crumbled up her list.

"Do you even know how to dance?" She asked throwing the paper away.

"Don't be jealous. Or do, i don't really care." I said sitting down. (I had to put that line)

Y/n's pov:

I walked in CatCo and saw Kara with new clothes? My mother gave her something then left.

I walked up to Winn only to hear Siobhan and Kara's conversation.

"Do you even know how to dance?" She asked.

"Don't be jealous. Or do, i don't really care." Kara said.

"Hey, Winn." I said to him. He looked at me with a small smile and gave me a wave before pointing his thumb to Kara.

I shrugged at him, he then gave me a look that said i needed to talk to her. I sighed before walking up to her.

"Hey, Kara." I said and she smiled at me.

"Hi, Y/n." She said.

"Can we talk? Somewhere private." I said looking around and noticed Siobhan was listening.

"Sure." I then led us to a office that no one uses anymore.

"Are you feeling okay? I heard your conversation with Siobhan." I said closing the door.

"Yeah, she's just keeps getting on my nerves. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work?" She said but before i could answer her phone rang.

"On my way." She said then looked at me. I gave her a nod before she flew away from the window with her Supergirl suit on.

I walked out the room and was met with Siobhan. "Hi, Y/n, right?" She asked with a smile.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked.

"Well, i was wondering if you would like to go out." She asked.

"Out?" I repeated.

"Like a date!" She squealed.

"..Siobhan, I'm sorry, but i have a lot of things to do." I said slightly lying. I then walked in my mother's office. "So, your assistant just asked me out." I said.

"Which assistant?" She asked looking up at me.

"Annoying one." I said and she hummed in response before standing up from her seat and walked up to me.

"How are you feeling?" She asked changing the subject.

"Better? Normal? I don't know." I shrugged. "Actually, i came here to give you this." I said giving her a key.

"What is this?" She asked.

"It's a key to my house." I said with a smile. She looked at me shocked then smiled. "It's a Thank you for everything." I said.

"No, thank you, Y/n, for giving me a second chance." She said then pulled me into a hug.

Kara's pov:

I was fighting the K'hund in a alley. I knocked him on the ground. "Your mother- sentenced you to Fort Rozz, blah, blah, ruined your life, I've heard the story. You wanna fight about it?" I cut him off.

He got up and charged at me only for me to dodge and punch his back. We continued to fight and he was poorly losing.

I knocked him on the ground again this time placed my foot on his neck, choking him. "I have defeated White Martians, Coluans and Kryptonians. You, you're not even worth looking at. Get out of my sight." I said removing my foot from his neck. "Before i changed my mind!" He got up and left.

I heard tires screeching. I looked at the car squinting because of the light. Alex then ran up to me. "Where did he go? Are you hurt?" She asked

"No. No, I'm fine. He got away." I then went back to the DEO.

20 minutes late Alex got back along with the other agents. "Director Henshaw, Senator Crane is in your office. She said you were going to update her on what happened with the K'hund." My sister said.

"Well, that sounds fun." I said sarcastically.

"Tell her I'll be there in a minute. Can i speak with you here for a second?" J'onn said and led us to the armory room. "I know you just stared working here again, but to be clear, our job here at the DEO is to catch the aliens, not let them escape." He said.

"How bout you get off my back for once, Hank?" I snapped.

"Supergirl." My sister said.

"I thought we're in a good place here." J'onn said.

"We're in a good place, when i do what I'm told. When i don't, you come down on me. I am tired of it! You want to catch the K'hund, go try it yourself! You're just as strong as me, if you wanted to be." I said.

"You know how dangerous that is for him." Alex spoke.

"And it's not dangerous for me too? Every Kryptonian on this planet wants to kill me except my cousin. I have to live with that. And he could, too!" I said and ran my hand through my hair. I then turned to J'onn. "What are you so afraid of? You talk about honoring your people, and yet you refused to be one of them. I got to go. I have work in the morning. Another job that underappreciates me." I said then left.

On the way out i punched a hole on the wall due to anger.