TITLE: Focus on me
AUTHOR: S (LunarityPrince) on AO3

All the players found their routines change and get harsher here in Blue Lock; training hard everyday like their life depends on it

All the players found their routines change and get harsher here in Blue Lock; training hard everyday like their life depends on it. Well, everyone except Nagi.

He was playing games on his phone, laying on his stomach with his legs swaying up and down, and next to him was Reo doing his practice. At first Reo tried motivating him to move a bit, at least on camera so Ego wouldn't kick him out, afraid they'd separate and lose their chance of being the best together. But Nagi, his beloved treasure, was a genius so he decided it would be alright if he didn't do anything for today.

Oops. Enemy there.

Headshot.

The winner screen appears on Nagi's phone and he sets it down to look up at Reo who has been training for an hour now- hair tied up, sweat dripping down his face and neck, drenching his jersey. Why does Reo try so hard when he is already so amazing? It's something Nagi didn't understand. Out of everyone he had met Reo was the most amazing, he was smart, he played well, he was able to pull everyone around him in, yet he always worked hard.

Was his dream that important? A dream...

Nagi never had any, he didn't think he wanted one either, it was a pain to think about, to work for something. But he promised Reo, so he will do anything to make Reo's dream come true. He could envision it, them becoming the best and winning the World Cup. If it's him and Reo everything is possible. He was sure of it.

"Hmm? What is it, Nagi?" Reo turns to him, wiping the sweat dripping down his chin with the back of his hand, noticing how Nagi's attention shifted from his phone to him. With that soft gaze on him, Nagi couldn't help but feel his heart stutter.

He knew Reo as much as Reo knew him, so the question was ' Do you want anything?' . Reo made sure everything he wanted was laid on a silver platter for him, that he didn't even have to need anything, simply want it and Reo will deliver. How curious, no one ever gave anything to Nagi before, and now here he was, being spoiled by someone so beautiful and talented.

A proud feeling swells in his chest, almost possessive. Only Reo was ever like this to him.

Other people would approach Reo, ask him for things, but Reo would either refuse with a polite smile or give with a couple of empty words, placing no meaning on those people. To Reo people that existed were- nobodies, business partners and then there was Nagi. Not even his family had a special category the way he did.

Truly, Nagi was blessed.

"Nothing, you really work hard Reo." Even though you're better than everyone else we meet here. Nagi turns away, his eyes back on his game, going for one more round.