CHAPTER 1 - DAY ONE

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

Being born in a rich family full of politicians, tagging along with my father was regular. That's how I met the Shindo family. 

The 1st time I met them was when I was 4. Dressed in a pink flowy dress that rested around my knees, I stood beside my father, clutching his pants.

"Welcome, (D/N)-san." I watched as my father shook hands with a man with blue hair. 

"Thank you for inviting me, Aiichiro-san. I hope you don't mind that I brought my daughter with me." The other man smiled. "Not a problem."

The man crouched down right in front of me and smiled. "Nice to meet you. I'm Shindo Aiichiro." Slowly letting go of my father's pants, I bowed at Shindo-san with a small smile. 

"Nice to meet you too, Shindo-san. My name is (L/N) (F/N)." "(F/N)-chan... What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

I heard my father chuckle and pat my head. "What can I say? She does take after my late wife." That's right, my mom died when I was 2 to breast cancer. 

"The only thing she has taken from me is personality and intelligence." Shindo-san had a surprised face.

"Then you must be showing her what life is as a politician is like from a young age." My father nodded. "That's right." Shindo-san stood up. 

"(F/N)-chan, I want you to meet someone. I have a feeling you would be good friends." I nodded. "Okay."

After Shindo-san led us to his office, he left right after to go get someone. My (E/C) eyes scanned the room just when the door opened. 

Turning my head around, I made eye contact with red eyes. "Is that her, father?" "It is indeed."

The boy sent me a smile which I returned, seeing that he looks around my age. The boy came up to me and introduced himself. 

"I'm Shindo Ainosuke but you can call me by my first name." I got up and bowed. "My name is (L/N) (F/N) and you can also call me by my first name. It's only fair."

Ainosuke-kun nodded with a smile. "Why don't you kids play together while (D/N)-san and I talk?" "Alright!" I nodded. 

Ainosuke-kun grabbed my hand and dragged me out the room. He first gave me a tour around his estate. I listened as he rambled on. -His house isn't as big as mine but it's alright.-

Since he was talking, the blue haired male didn't notice his aunts in the halls. 

I bowed to them in acknowledgement and quickly caught up with him. "And this is the backyard!" We walked around and decided to play at his mini park.

When playing, I was mindful that I was wearing a dress. 

Playing around, Ainosuke-kun kept throwing questions at me which I respectfully answered, just like how my father has taught me to speak when out in public.

"Why are you so formal? It's just us." I stared at the boy. "Well, my father said I should speak formally when in public." "It's just the 2 of us! You can be informal! I won't tell a single soul!" I smiled and giggled. "If you insist."

I wanted to play on the swing but this mini park only had one. "I can push you, (F/N)!" "Oh, it's fine. Because it would be boring for you." "Come on!" 

Ainosuke dragged me towards the swing and I took a seat. Standing behind me, he carefully pushed me while we talked.

While up in the air, I noticed a dip in the ground. "What's with the dip in the ground?" He looked at me confused before realization hit him. 

"Oh, the skate bowl?" "Skate bowl?" I placed my feet down to stop. "Can we check it out?" I looked back at Ainosuke.

"Of course!" The look on his face was filled with excitement which made me smile. 

I watched as Ainosuke looked around to see if anyone was looking before pulling out a skateboard from behind a bush.

"The stake bowl is for skateboarding." I watched as he dropped in the bowl and skated around, pulling tricks out of his sleeves for me to see. 

"Woah!" When he finished, Ainosuke stood beside me. "I learned from a friend of mine that works here."

I stared at Ainosuke's board. "You want to try it?" I looked right into his red eyes. "Really?" "Of course." 

As I placed my non-dominant foot on the board, I saw a hand stretched out to me. "Hold my hand if you need." Without another thought, I held his hand.

Feeling a spark that ignited in my body, I ignored that feeling for now and placed my dominant foot on the back. I started to wobble a little before I was able to successfully stand still.

"Ok, now with your dominant foot, push the ground." Doing as Ainosuke said, I was able to move around the pavement of the backyard when he let go of my head. 

"Hey, you're really good for a beginner." I smiled brightly.

"I mean, I do know how to snowboard and surf. It's kinda similar along with the moves you showed me." "Woah, you know how to snowboard and surf!?" I nodded. 

"My father would bring me to Switzerland to snowboard and Hawaii or Bali to surf. I kinda want to get into skateboarding now."

Ainosuke, who didn't show me how to stop yet, grabbed my waist and pulled me off. "You should. But, here's the thing..." I stared at the boy in confusion. 

"My father doesn't like it when I spend too much time skating." "It's fine."

Ainosuke looked at me. "When we're at an age where we can go to places by ourselves, we can meet at the skatepark! And bring your friend sometimes!" 

The blue haired boy stared at me before he smiled. "You got it! Promise?"

He stuck his pinky finger out for me. I giggled before locking our pinkies together. 

"There. I promise." I continued to play around with Ainosuke's skateboard while he helped me here and there, teaching me tricks.

POV - (L/N) (D/N)

Shaking Aiichiro-san's hand, we sealed off our partnership. "I look forward to working alongside you, Aiichiro-san." The said man smiled. "We're partners now, drop the -san, (D/N)." I nodded.

Our conversations started along the lines of getting to know each other more because the both of us could tell we would be friends until death. 

"Losing your wife must have been hard." I sighed out and nodded.

"It really was and with a 2 year old (F/N), I was ready to give up. Luckily, I have my mother, sisters, and sister-in-laws. Plus, my daughter was not fussy at all, thank the heavens." Aiichiro nodded.

"(F/N)-chan is very polite for her age. I'm surprised she's not throwing tantrums." I laughed. 

"She knows better than to act like that, especially in public. At first, she's shy." "Yes, I did see her clinging to you at first." I started to ask about his son, Ainosuke.

"He's going to be my successor so I'm also starting to train him, along with his aunts." "I see. Watch one day our kids be the best politicians." "I can't wait to see that day." Looking at the time, I stood up.

"Well, I think I overstayed my time here. Thank you, Aiichiro." "It's not a problem. You are both welcomed to come back." 

We both walked out of the office to find our kids. When we walked out to the backyard, I saw our kids lying down on the grass staring at the sky, watching clouds.

"I've never seen Ainosuke this happy before." "(F/N) rarely interacts with people her age so it's nice that she's befriending Ainosuke." "We can change that friendship into something more serious." 

I stopped and turned to Aiichiro before looking back at the kids.

"Alright but maybe in a few years. I don't want my precious baby girl to be betrothed at the age of 4." "Alright then, I'll have the papers ready in advance for 5 years, is that enough time?" 

I nodded my head. "Alright then." What I didn't know was that I had signed my daughter up for hell.