CHAPTER 9 - CHINEN MIYA

WORDS BETWEEN -  - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

After school, (F/N) dropped Reki and Langa at Dope Sketch while she went to get coffee, drinks, and snacks for everyone. 

While in the shop, Reki was rambling about how Langa had landed his first ollie to Manager Oka when a middle school came in.

Chinen Miya was his name, a hopeful to represent Japan in the Olympics. 

The little boy walked up to Langa and asked for a beef right when (F/N) walked in. 

"Wel... On, (F/N)-san." The said woman smiled. "Hey, Manager Oka. I got coffee, drinks, and snacks for everyone."

"I want to hear the ding of leveling up for the 1st time in a while." (F/N) looked over at the new voice. 

"Chinen Miya? What's going on?" "He challenged Langa to a beef." Manager Oka told the female. "You're fine with it, right?" The green eyed boy tilted his head.

"Don't do it, Langa. This guy is on a different level..." Reki was cut off. 

"You're a snowboarder, right? I'd like to see the skating that beat Shadow." "Shadow..." (F/N) stared at Langa's face. 

"I accept." "Don't get cocky just because you landed an ollie! This is Japan's national team hopeful."

(F/N) felt something brush up against her and looked down. A fox-like creature was rubbing his head against her hand. 

(F/N), picking it up, smiled and patted its head. "I'll do it." "Hey!" "Reki-kun."

The 3 boys turned to the female leaning against the counter. Miya's eyes widened, seeing her. "It'll be fine." "We've got a deal." 

Seeing the way Miya was eyeing the animal in her arms, (F/N) handed it to him. "I'll think about what we're gonna wager." With that, Miya let Sketchy go and headed for the door.

"Oh, before I leave." The young boy walked up to (F/N). "You seem familiar. Are you perhaps the girl on Adam's phone's wallpaper?" 

The (H/C) haired woman turned pale. "Uhmm..." Seeing that he crossed the line, he turned around. "Never mind."

"Wait! Is it a picture of me and him at the beach? It was a picture taken from the back." Miya turned right back. 

"Yeah, it is. So the girl is you." (F/N) nodded. "Yeah, that was years ago though. I'm not with him anymore." "Creepy that he still kept it."

With that Miya left the store. "(F/N)-sensei..." "I recommend going to 'S' right now to train. Though, I won't be going. I have to babysit my cousin." 

(F/N) cut Reki off. That leads them to (F/N) driving the boys in her car.

"This is way better than your limo, mom!" "I told you to cut it out." (F/N) glanced at the redhead from the mirror." Reki smiled. 

"And I said never!" The female sighed. "This car was a gift from my dad when I turned 18." "Woah."

(F/N) parked her car outside the gates of 'S'. "Please be safe. Call me if you need anything." "Okay. Thanks, mom." "Thanks, mom! Love you!" 

(F/N) shot the boys a look. "No matter how much you tell us to stop, we're not gonna stop!" The woman sighed and smiled. "Love you too."

As they walked in, (F/N) watched as the boys walked in. The guards saw the duo's pins and let them through. 

What they also noticed was that (F/N) looked extremely familiar from her car. Not only was she their boss's ex-girlfriend but also Mona Lisa.

Despite not wearing her usual outfit and mask, as today she wore jean shorts with Converse and a gray crop top (or anything you would like), they recognized her. 

When she was far away, the guards turned to each other. "She's breath-taking." "For real."

Going back home, (F/N) was met with her father holding her little cousin. 

"I'm home." "Ah, welcome back, (F/N)." "Aunt (F/N)!" Despite being cousins, her aunt had taught her son to call the female (L/N) 'aunt'.

Crouching down, she opened her arms for the boy to run into. "Hey, Haru." "Can you bring me to the indoor skateboard place!?" (F/N) smiled. 

"Of course." Picking him up, (F/N) turned to her father. "You're going to work?" "Yeah, I have a meeting today. I'll see you later."

Waving at her father, (F/N) and Haru watched as the older (L/N) drove out of the driveway. "Well then." Turning to Haru, she smiled. 

"Let's pack some snacks for you before going." With the help of the young boy, (F/N) made a mini bento for the boy.

Exchanging her purse for a tote bag, she placed the bento in, a first aid kit, water bottle, her wallet, phone, and laptop in it. 

"Hurry up, Aunt (F/N)." "Yes yes." Making sure that Haru had all his things, a helmet, knee and elbow pads, and skateboard, they were out the door.

The car ride there was filled with singing along to the radio and laughing. 

Once they entered the building, (F/N) sat in the corner of the gym, deciding that the bleacher would be too far to keep an eye on Haru.

"Be careful, Haru! I'll be right here if you need me!" "Okay! Watch me, Aunt (F/N)! I have gotten better!" 

Taking out her phone, (F/N) recorded her nephew as he skated throughout the indoor park.

"Good job, Haru!" (F/N) threw him a thumbs up. Just then, she got a text message from Reki. 

'Hey, mom. So the straps on Langa's board broke since we challenged Miya at 'S'. The both of us are fine. I changed the straps to clips. What do you think?'

(F/N) opened the picture attached and saw the new improvements. She replied to the redhead. 

'The both of you better be ok. The clips look good. I'll have a better look at them in person.' Hearing clicking, (F/N) looked up.

It was Chinen Miya and it seems like he had an interview here as well. What she didn't know was that Shindo Ainosuke was also there, just above her on the bleachers. 

The dark blue haired male looked down at Miya right when Haru called out to his aunt. "Aunt (F/N)!"

Ainosuke and his secretary's eyes widened as their eyes followed the young boy to his aunt. 

When he laid eyes on her, Ainosuke's breath was taken away. "(F/N)..." "Aunt (F/N), look! It's Chinen Miya!" Passing Haru his water bottle, (F/N) nodded.

"It is." "I want to sit and watch him!" "You don't want to skate anymore?" 

"Either way, I think they're gonna close the park for him." "I see. Do you want to sit on the bleachers for a better view?" "Hm!"

Smiling, (F/N) placed her things in the tote bag and stood up, carrying Haru in one arm and his skateboard in her other hand. 

Ainosuke gulped as his eyes scanned her body. "She looks the same as before, just way more feminine. So beautiful, my Eve."

Walking upstairs, (F/N) placed Haru down on the bleacher and sat down herself. 

The cousins watched as Miya started to skate and started laying tricks out. "Woah! I wish I could do that! Can you, Aunt (F/N)?" The said female smiled and ruffled the boy's hair. "Of course."

Just then, as Miya was doing a handstand on his deck, 2 other skateboards came to where he was. Swiftly, the young boy jumped and landed on the other skateboard cleanly. "Woah!"

(F/N) watched as one of the boys went to get his skateboard, Miya stopped him and told him something with a sour expression. 

(F/N) mother/teacher instincts knew something was up. Looking at the other side of the bleacher, (F/N) froze.

"No..." Quickly turning to her nephew, she sent him a smile. "Haru, it's time to go home for dinner." "Okay!" 

Quickly picking him up and her stuff, (F/N) ran to her car, not once did she look back into those red eyes. Though, she had a feeling she would be meeting him soon.